Steam Workshop now in private beta

Good luck on that. Think about penguins.

2 Likes

Do you know when it will be out of private beta?

Greenheart games, have a cookie: :cookie:.

2 Likes

PM Charlie, if you want to access it

Rumours say that alphabit will update UME very soon to support publishing and updating mods directly from the editor :wink:

5 Likes

Oh. Cool. I need time to understand this. Waaaait. @alphabit, good work!

I got another heart attack
Thank goodness someone revived me

:0 :0 YES! :smiley:

Private Beta has been updated to v1.5.2 10. Aug. 2014

Unofficial changelog:

• New: After successfull publish / update the Steam workshop overlay window opens pointing to the workshop item
  • New: Disclaimer and link to Steam legal agreement
  • Fixed: Problems in conjunction with unsubscribing enabled mods has been fixed.
  • Fixed: max text length in title and description fields for workshop items
  • Fixed: Several minor UI related glitches

The update should be installed automatically, if not, restart your Steam client.

4 Likes

Important note

If you encountered or still encounter a “Could not load mod” error, please (re-)subscribe the item that could not be loaded, restart GDT and then unsubscribe the item again.

This can happen if you had the previous beta installed and faced the mentioned problem.

2 Likes

Additional Note

When you update a mod and upload it to Steam Workshop, please give the system some time to process the submission. We cannot influence on how long the process can take. Generally it only takes a few secs, but sometimes it can take up to a couple of minutes.

Please keep that in mind when uploading / updating, testing, distributing and subscribing Steam Workshop mods.

As a good news to all current beta testers that had trouble updating and synchronizing items after a restart, this problem has been identified and fixed and will be available in the next update :slight_smile:

Thanks @kristof1104 :thumbsup:

1 Like

Brilliant.

If you haven’t already noticed, there’s an updated private beta to v1.5.3 11. Aug. 2014.

As always, you can about the changes here:
http://www.greenheartgames.com/game-dev-tycoon-changelog/

The update should be installed automatically, if not, restart your Steam client.

Note:
This update fixes the last issues reported after updating and synchronizing a Workshop item.

1 Like

didnt see this any where.

I had to delete my mods downloaded from here. to get steam workshop mods to activate.

Thank You all for making this great game even better!

EDIT: ok so started a new game. Noticed you cant mix any mods form this site, and the workshop.
I installed my usual mix of mods(expansion, tweak,cheat,competitors, couple new mods.) as there is no info stats mod on the work shop, i tried to use it form this site, the game didnt like it.

1 Like

You have to ask access for the private beta. The workshop is not currently public.
PD: Sorry, as I see in this post Celebrating Game Dev Tycoon with Workshop support
It’s now public, try restarting steam if you didn’t get the automatic update.

Well… it is.

You don’t need private beta for accessing Steam Workshop features anymore. We’ve gone public about 3 hours ago :slight_smile:

So, using the regular release is fine now.

2 Likes

Good thing I ditched work today!