Building my own PC

Hi,

So I am looking into building my own PC and I wanted to get your guy’s insight. Would you consider this to be a good enough build/PC?

I’m not looking for something that can run 4K or Ultra settings on games. People say it can run games 1080p with 60fps.

Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hZsW8d

I would recommend the i5 4670k over the i5 4440, as the 4670k is overclockable. (Unless you don’t care about overclocking, then don’t bother)
And get a WD Hard Drive instead of a Seagate, a lot of my friends say they’ve had issues with Seagate drives in the past

The the i5 4670k is $70 more… Hmm… Is it worth it?

Yes, it has a slightly higher clock and is overclockable, I’d say it’s worth it

I didn’t want to go over $800, and when I change the harddrive and processor, I am.

What’s the better GPU?

This or this?

It’s up to you, I’d say go for the 960 though.

Could you send me your full computer specs soon?

I’ll give you them now

CPU: AMD FX-6300 6 Core @ 3.5GHz
GPU: XFX R9 280x
RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1800MHz
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
HDD: 1TB WD Red
Case: BitFenix Comrade Midi-Tower
PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 730W 80 Plus Bronze

For how much? $630?

It cost me £650

Is that including the OS, Monitors, Mouse, Keyboard?

Includes the OS

I already had a monitor laying about.
And I later got a mechanicla keyboard for £35 and I was lucky to get a free Razer Naga 2014

So this is what I come out with if I do the changes you reccomended.

Compatibility Notes
Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Mid Tower Case has front panel USB 3.0 ports, but the MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX
LGA1150 Motherboard does not have onboard USB 3.0 headers.
The Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 380mm long, but video cards over 200mm may block drive bays. Since the EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card is 257mm long, some drive bays may not be usable.

(Copied from the Website :p)

So… This means… I need to change… Something… That is… Not working… :stuck_out_tongue:

Help?

So I need to change the GPU? :frowning:

Edit: I made some changes.

The compatibility notes don’t make sense:
The NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 330mm long, but video cards over 230mm may block drive bays. Since the EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card is 257mm long, some drive bays may not be usable.

The GPU isn’t above 330mm long, so it wouldn’t block drive bays.

Also, you could just get a bigger case :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, what do you think.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ChizbeJoe/saved/y7PLrH

Pretty good! I would buy it.