[BUG] Unexpected Token

Continuing the discussion from Official Modding F.A.Q:

What mods are you using? Sounds like one of them has a syntax error.

1 Like

I wasn’t using any mods at all; it was the pure vanilla game. I open GDT and clicked on the mods tab to try and install a mod, the error message came up and I thought to close the game and empty the mods folder of all the mods I put in, I returned to the game after and the error message came up again.

Oh, I’ll also add, that the PC I am using has just been used. (I don’t know about pre-bought use)

To me it sounds as if there is some corruption in the save game file. I might be wrong, but if you’re using the steam version of the game (I don’t know if it is the same in the regular version) you could just try to:

• No game started (GDT not running)
  • In Windows Explorer navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Game Dev Tycoon - Steam
  • Rename the folder “Local Storage” to something else (i.e. “_Local Storage”)
  • Start the game

Does the problem persist? If no, you had a save game corruption (that could have different causes), if yes, end the game and rename the folder back and let us know :wink:

I don’t have a local folder in my appdata folder

Which mods did you put into the folder?

Cheat mod, more topics, randomiser. But I removed them later.

I would suggest reinstalling the game and then starting a new game. If you wish to add mods, add one at a time, run the game each time. That way when an error message pops you know exactly what caused it.

Ok, I’ll try that, thank you

I had very similar error. But, it was on only one save, so this save was corrupted (I had 1200M D: ) .

You may also want to take a look at the following thread: [QUES] "Uncaught Error", here @PatrickKlug and @Charlie talk about save game corruption using mods:

Patrick said:

“Taking away mods that were active on a save that used mods before will create errors.”

Charlie said:

“Once you add mods and load a save game the data is irrevocably changed. Best practice is to always back up your save games before trying a mod and back up modded save games regularly and store them in designated folders.
You can try loading an earlier save game with the mods enabled that were used in its creation.”