Are Cheats allowed?

Just wanting to know if cheats are allowed to be posted, I know cheating takes the fun out of the game, but being a developer and writing a software app to decode your save games has allowed me to cheat and see what unfolds within the game. I wont post anything unless mentioned.

No need to write your own app to “decode”, just use an [spoiler]SQLite database browser.[/spoiler] :wink:

2 Likes

Can you please tell me where are savegame files located in win7 version?

I wasn’t referring to editing just the save game files I was also referring to the data_0 files, hence why I wrote an app that allows the user to make a lot of modifications and in real time tests the variables before the game is run and if they produce an error the variables are reverted.

I recently posted about this actually. I would suggest you play the game as intended. The fun of sim games are the challenge, not the pay off. While I don’t think there is any rule against it, I don’t agree with the mentality. Just my two cents.

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/method-to-backup-saves/205/2

Currently, from what I can tell the game is not open source and so modifications would not be easy to pull off. I don’t know just how serious a developer you are, but I suggest you just play the game without attempting modification.

OTOH, I somehow can’t see @PatrickKlug sending you a C&D if you make a decent mod that works well…

1 Like

Gosh, you’re really deadset on telling people how to enjoy their purchase.

3 Likes

I’m not trying to tell people how to enjoy the game. I just want everyone to experience the game in its true form because it is an excellent title. I have no problem with them choosing to cheat, but I do make a point to advise against it.

I just wanted to know if there are cheats for money and such.

1 Like

there are currently no cheats but the save games are unprotected (on purpose). if you want to play with them feel free to do so (as long as you’re not trying to hack the demo version). If something goes wrong please don’t expect us to help. (make backup copies).

Where are the save games located?

Save Game are stored in
c:\Users\ (Your User Name)\AppData\Local\Game Dev Tycoon
would recommend using Total Commander to browse.
Also, it may be easy to edit save game files, would recommend you play the game without any modifications
If you find it hard to make games, then i recommend you use this

Good Luck with the game

2 Likes

I’ve ditched the cheating option and have played the game as normal as well as cheating. Cheating gives me more freedom to really play with the game itself and change a lot of aspects of the internals of the game, The files that were encrypted aren’t, they’re fully open.

Thank you to all the replies and I will leave it all at just that and wont release this app I have created that gives me total control over the game, my first post was only a suggestion and asking, a lot of people have made it clear they’re not interested, so thank you.

I went there, but Im unsure what files to edit just for the sake of knowing. Ever since I followed that wikia wiki I’ve been fine without cheating.

@jf3000 Not sure if you need to get upset, since you set the topic as “Are Cheats allowed?”
Guess you should have asked if modding is allowed, and i think you should email the game dev of the tycoon :wink: ask them if you have permission to do so, and then there is a great place where you can upload any mods you make

(Usually whenever i try to find a mod for a game, i look there, and only later i check the forums)

Def not upset, I was just curious. Its been a good response, I often play games without cheating then I go and cheat and see where I can take the game from there. I certainly look forward to future updates of the game.

2 Likes

question, how do we get more money in the cheating way, as when i edit the save game file to give myself more money, nothing changes in the actual game, i still have the same amount of money

anyone? as i CANT get past the garage whatsoever, and what i have tried, when i go to load game, it just resets the save, and so on and so forth