A reason why i will download the cracked version

Well, I hope this be read by one of the two brother that created the game. I am a 15 year old boy, I live in South America and my parents do not have credit cards plus they do not like to buy things online, because they do not trust that. I have NO way to buy the game, I really believe much effort you have taken a game as good as I’ve seen in video reviews, plus much admire independent creators and would not hesitate to spend money on it. It happens the same with the game called “minecraft” which I have the cracked version because for my geographical position and not being able to credit cards is impossible for me buy this game. The reason I write this is that looking for cracked version I found this http://www.greenheartgames.com/game-dev-tycoon-free-full-torrent-cracked-download/ and saw that at no time gave any solution for my case. So sorry but I have to wait three years or download cracked version. I hope you understand my position and thank you for creating the game.

Pre-paid VISAs? WHAT’RE THOSE?!?!?!

Entitled thief.

1 Like

I downloaded the cracked version before I bought the game just because I heard the story about the cracked game and thought the idea was hilarious and had to see it for myself. What’s your excuse?

1 Like

I heard the story, played the demo, and bought it. I ony pirate EA games because they screwed me out of $60… and I’m gonna buy The Sims 4.

1 Like

@Carlos_Sebasti_ maybe you could transfer cash via WU or any other way to devs’ account? I think you should contact them for that matter. 'Cause now I see only complaining and excuses but not a solution proposition. Everything can be arranged if you put some effort in it.

Cheers.

You can convince your parents to sign up for paypal and ask them to buy this game using debit card. Thats what I did, minus asking the parents part.

I’m always surprised at people that give an explanation of why they must steal a game. As if it were something they need to survive.

I’d be more convinced of need if you had to go steal a loaf of bread from the street corner vendor for your survival but you’re talking about just something that you want, not need.

I want my neighbors BMW but I don’t dare go and steal it. The same treatment should be applied to anything one steals, be it software/games or physical goods. Just because you want to play a game you rationalize why it’s okay to steal it.

Talk about self entitled. Grow up kid, by 15 you should know the difference between right and wrong.

4 Likes

Get a pre-payed credit card, and problem solved, you don’t need to pirate the game. But, of course, you got another excuse as to why you cannot get a pre-payed right?

If you want to try the game at least, download the demo. If you literally have no way of obtaining a way to pay the game, you can look for alternatives in the retail market/free online games. For example, while Minecraft is only bought online, Terraria has a retail version (however, you still need Steam for it). One free alternative (in being a Game Developer Sim) is Gamebiz2, it’s far more complex than this game, but you might want to try it.

i were on your same situation
on south america there no retails stores (at least not in all countries, being myself froma small town of uruguay), but im 18 now and i have my own credit card, so i can finally buy games online

Congratulations kid, you’re the first person to blame a an entire continent on not being able to buy a game on the internet-- the same internet you’re paying to access right now. That makes you a no-good, pathetic, lazy, entitled punk with the lamest excuse for stealing ever! Nobody owes you a thing, and the quicker you learn that, the better off in life you’ll be. You’re parents don’t want to buy it? That not the developers problem, that’s yours!

1 Like

I think you people need to take a deep breath and relax. He’s 15 years old. By the sounds of it his parents are the type that doesn’t understand the Internet and thus are afraid of it. Lots of people are afraid of buying things online because of the “horror stories” they hear. Usually they’re older generations (like his parents). Paypal isn’t going to quell that fear.

Unless you live in his area you don’t really know his situation. Perhaps obtaining a prepaid credit card isn’t that easy. Not everything is accessible when you’re 15. In any case though the reason you should be getting mad at someone for pirating a game is because they’re too cheap to buy it even though they can afford it and have the means to do so. He’s willing to pay for it but has no means to do so. Some people have offered some alternatives. Hopefully they pan out. I’m sure if he’s able to use one he will. But let’s not jump down his throat like he’s the scum of the Earth because he downloaded the game.

@chuckbones that was uncalled for.

And @Ryan_Klein, I find it incredibly ironic and hypocritical that you call him an “entitled thief” and then go on to say that you “only pirate EA games”. Give me a break. If you want to go down that road you are no better than he is. If a company screws you out of money you don’t steal their products. You know what you do? YOU STOP DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM. You don’t make excuses as to why you deserve to steal their products.

Everyone in this thread overreacted.

5 Likes

Don’t cry guys (don’t worry Bonesnap)

this guy got the balls to tell it he pirated game. appreciate it
so don’t be mad at him

Bonesnap, you’re right my reply was harsh. But the kid already said he is doing whatever it takes to achieve the ends (he said he is already using a cracked version of Minecraft).

1 Like

Kid is entitled… I agree people should lay off the name calling, though. But hey in this aspect, I’m glad the devs made a game that taught the kid a lesson at the end thereby he got a “game” and then got shafted by the same kids (like him) in that same game.

Bravo Devs… Bravo.

(I bought the game, but laughed my butt off hearing about the cracked game.)

@Bonesnap It is what it is. I’m a thief too but I’m a righteous thief. Did you know that copying sheet music is also illegal?

The way I see it, if I get screwed out of money, I take double my money. EA screwed me out of $60 so I’d say I’ve got one or two more Sims 3 expacs to nab.

I’m not too proud to admit what I am… but I am better than that kid because I’m not entitled. :smile:

You’re not a righteous thief. You’re just a thief (an entitled one at that). You’re trying to make excuses for why you pirate games.

People will always see the better side of them selves but, criticize others for the same thing.

He steals games because he did not like where his 60 bucks went, and the kid is stealing the game because he has no way to pay for the game. At least on of them wants to actually pay for a game they want to play, he just has no means of doing it, the other does.

I didn’t steal the game because I didn’t like where my money went, I stole the game because they stole my money, never sent me my game, and never refunded my money. There IS a difference there. I paid for something I never received, so I refuse to pay twice for one game.

I’m not saying I’m much better than him… but I’m a little better than him. My feet stand on good sand, not ground glass.

Truth does not know that the world has come when I leave an opinion and most people do not know that insulting, I do not know if I offended anyone with my posting but I think there are people who did so with the clear intention, I appreciate your help