A reason why i will download the cracked version

Having the balls to tell about pirating isn’t something to appreciate. It’s something that makes you look stupid. The kid would have less people trolling him if he simply asked for advice without mentioning his pirating tendecies.

It’s not that you insulted someone. You just fell into internet number 1 trap. Post something negative about yourself and prepare to get trolled.You would have had less problems if you never had mention pirating anything.
Also the only other option I see for you is to wait a year untill your 16. Thats usually the time when banks give kids debit cards and you could put money into your account and use paypal to buy stuff. Hope you birthday comes soon.

So you cant find a possibility to pay for the game? Well here’s the deal: Just dont play it! It’s not like your life depends on it.
I heard lots of arugments like that and i just can’t stand them anymore: “I would buy it if it had a better servic” “Its not available in my country” “I cant pay for it cause I dont have a credit card”.
Well welcome to the world but just because you want it doesen’t mean you have a right to get it - deal with it. All this arguments above dont give you a valid reason to pirate a game/film or whatever it’s just some excuse you made up for yourself so you dont have to feel bad.
Cause let’s face it: the only reason why you pirate is cause its available, its quite easy and there is no risk of getting punished for it.

…that’s why you stop doing business with that company.

I may be the only one thinking of this, but I honestly think your lying, not saying you are, as you may be telling the truth. However, you’re typing with what I’d say good grammar, and you can easily skip a few words to make people think you live in South America, or so on. Anyways, your spelling and grammar, you are speaking English, of all the countries in South America, two of them speak English, and they’re extremely small(Source: Here) Read up on that. Yes, you may have a translator, but the GDP in the countries are extremely low, or rolling in cash, and I doubt you have enough cash to pay for this internet, much less have a computer powerful enough to run this game, and pay rent, or pay off the house bill, and maybe pay for school, public transportation, the pants you’re wearing, mouse, keyboard, taxes, the high interest rates blocks you from doing many of these things, desks, and you got these from where? You say you can’t get Pre-paid Visas, but you can get internet, a desktop, or laptop, and pay taxes. You clearly have a good education. Now, you get on this forum page, make an account, and at the same time, post a forum page to this website, saying you want the game but can’t pay for it. I don’t know if you guys see it, but I believe you can pay for the game, but don’t want to, and you’re trying to scam Patrick. Even if you had a way of paying, you wouldn’t be able to get the game, “Game Dev Tycoon is available worldwide with the exception of Brazil, Taiwan, South Africa and Korea as these countries have a mandatory rating system for downloadable games. Unfortunately for small independent developers mandatory rating systems are a big hurdle. Theses systems seem to be more tuned towards big AAA games or traditional publishers and cost a lot of money and time.” -Patrick Klug The maker of Game Dev Tycoon. I hate to seem like the bad guy here, but I call bull. Even if South America didn’t have the mandatory rating system, Patrick still wouldn’t give you the game, not because he’s a jerk, but because he needs the money, and he doesn’t know what you’re going to do with the game, the torrents are bad enough, and if he gives one game away hes going to have to give EVERYONE the game, and for us people who really did buy the game, then we’d be madder then we are at people that get it for free.

Firstly, what’s with the wall of text? Press Enter once in a while.

Secondly, his English actually isn’t that great, especially his second post. It easily sounds like someone who has English as a second language, as is the case in most South American countries (also your perception of South America is deeply flawed - and since when is the Falkland Islands a country?).

Lastly, why even bother lying? Why not just pirate the game and never make a thread?

OK, I understand your point of view and how you can get from his text, but that doesn’t mean its right. You need to take a step deeper into what hes saying, this isn’t math, its reading, you need to think of it as propaganda, and include all “what ifs” while reading.

Sir, I never said Falkland Islands is a country, and I feel like you could be a bit more descriptive then,“also your perception of South America is deeply flawed - and since when is the Falkland Islands a country?” do you live in South America, No, you have just as much of a database as I did. So you can’t say I don’t have a good perception of South America, as I was just restating the Wiki.

Oh by the way, I had to hit enter twice, and I’m new on forums, I always felt more comfortable on word. I thought that it would send the reply unfinished, and my, “wall of text” felt like a speech, and as I spent about 20 minutes on it I felt proud of it, and was just a tad bit more fact filled then yours did. So don’t go saying stuff when you don’t have a grasp on what the other side is feeling about it, you won’t tell your friend that hes ugly will you? That’s like calling your wife obese. All so, I learned rhetoric, and I hate wasting my education. I didn’t go through school just to mess around with friends, I did that yes, but I did it on my own time, not school time.

As for your last statement, “why even bother lying? Why not just pirate the game and never make a thread?” you see, I will be honest, I pirated Gameboy games, back in the days. So I have a basic concept to pirating, and I pirated this game after I bought it as I wanted to see the DRM kind of thing they did, and you see, you don’t get the updates on the game when it comes out, and you have to wait til someone makes a updated version(Which is usually after the guys beat/do everything new).and so there can be a huge waiting time between updates. While real buyers are having fun with it. From my perception, he wanted the email/download link given to him.

There is no need to rude to people, as all your comments here are not productive. You may argue that my comment is not productive as well, I see where you get that from. However, I don’t think this argument needs to continue, I feel that a forum mod should hide/close/lock this page, it doesn’t help the game/forum in any way, shape, or form. All so, I don’t think you understand you’re being rude, whats going on in life? Having troubles with school, or a girlfriend/boyfriend (If you’re into that) broke up with you? If somethings going on you shouldn’t have to let it go on the internet and be mean to people you never even met, as far as I know, we could know each other. So try not and be rude to people, let your emotions take over on something you love to do.

“Life is like a seesaw, it has its ups and its downs, but your perception and how you take those ups and downs will determine how you will react to them.”

Okay, I’ll be more descriptive.

I found your assessment of South America to be condescending. South America, while not as developed or as “rich” as North America or Europe, is not some dismal place where people are begging for scraps on the streets. You made it sound like how is it possible that he could have the Internet, a computer, pay bills, wear pants, etc. in a place like South America (you brought up the countries’ GDP for some reason). That is condescending. It’s not a wasteland, especially countries like Brazil (which is pretty much the Microsoft capital of the southern hemisphere), Colombia, and Venezuela. There are indeed some poor countries in South America, but not an the level you’re implying. You also made it sound like this game requires a ton of resources to play; a computer several years old could play this game. Come on. If he said he lived in Rwanda I would see your point.

You said it’s about “reading”. Well then you should be able to infer that he doesn’t pay for those things but more likely his parents do. He already stated he doesn’t have a credit card. I don’t know the rules in South America but I wasn’t able to obtain a credit card until I was 18 (and had a steady income). Credit card companies won’t give you a card unless they think they’re going to get their money back. A prepaid credit card might be hard to obtain for him, how would you know one way or another (ironic since you said I should “consider the other side”)?

Regarding the Falkland Islands… you pointed out that there are two countries in South America that speak English, and then linked to Wikipedia. This is incorrect, and if you read the link you provided you would see why. That source was for countries where English is the official language (based on what you said looks like you were looking at the map in the bottom right of the page). There is only one country in South America whose official language is English, and that is Guyana. The other listed place is the Falkland Islands, which is not a country but an overseas territory of the United Kingdom. And if you read some of the individual pages for the countries in South America you would see that English is a second language in many of them and taught in school in varying degrees. Interesting, as you said your post was more fact-filled than mine.

Everyone has a grasp on piracy. It’s not a difficult concept. You go on a torrent site, you search for what you want, download it, install it, and then play it (or watch it in the case of media). Don’t make it sound like you have exclusive knowledge of this. We have all pirated at some point in our lives.

My posts have been no less or more productive than anyone else’s in this thread; I just thought I’d provide some balance to a group of people who were ripping some kid apart for pirating the game (even though he expressed his desire to purchase it). If you think that comes off as rude then I am sorry you feel that way. Your comments about what’s going on in my life are also condescending. If you don’t want people to act rude to you, then don’t be condescending and take jabs at them. Basic humanity 101.

You don’t have to believe him, that’s fine, but I think your reasoning is weak at best.

Actually, the piracy problem is because of the game/company’s copyright. Greenheart Games does not have copyright. That’s because you don’t see green name of Greenheart games on the address bar of your browser.

I paid with pre-payed card. I’m not 18 and that’s why ask parents about that. My parents buy the game if is cheaper than 15 dollars.

Serioudsly? You reply to a 7,5 months old topic? -__-’’

7.5 month old topic is not so much. Maybe someone will see this.

There’s no need to reply to someone for a 7.5 old topic. they probably aren’t even active anymore. You can better help on all the loads of new topics where people ask questions. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: