[0.1] [Tools] Beam Mod Maker

A nice looking software does attract more people :wink:

Later today, Iā€™m publishing an update which fixes topics and allows you to edit them :smiley: After that, Iā€™ll do platforms and then saving/loading.

Actually, scrap that. Who knew I would have this much trouble converting a STRING TO A F*KING DOUBLE.

@Stian I donā€™t really care if it looks really pretty or really shite, as long as it is a functional, graphical interface, itā€™s fine for me.

What is up with everyone doing these ā€œrelatableā€ programmer things? Itā€™s not relatable or useful, and just shows that you have a low skill leve.

After a quick fix, I managed to get the editing working. Iā€™m almost done with topic exporting, and then Iā€™ll move onto platforms.

Nice

Beam 0.1

• Added topic editing
  • Added topic removal
  • Fixed various bugs

(I know the application has some strange UI things on Windows, donā€™t know why. Iā€™ll fix it at some point)

I know people here only use Windows, so I wonā€™t bother uploading the Linux version. If anyone genuinely wants a Linux version, Iā€™ll upload it.

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5u3CGyYxlyYM2YzX01wVHFLTmc

The application ships with DLLā€™s from Qt and MinGW. I take no credit for them.

Thatā€™s great

One thing you can create a topic with no name. Other then that it looks great

(*than) I know.

wait, where does it save my mods?

It doesnā€™t. I canā€™t compile the library Iā€™m using for Linux on Windows, so until I find out how you canā€™t save.

Actually, Iā€™ll switch to another library that I can compile with the program.

Thanks to @iSenzo, Beam will now have genre icons :smiley:

Before anyone asks, Iā€™m developing a vegan community site and Iā€™m prioritizing that over this.

Youā€™re Vegan?

1 Like

Iā€™m just going to post the occasional update on Beam from now on, I give up on this community. There are a few people who stay on topic and are nice, but most on here post off-topic spam. Certain people Iā€™ve noticed even like every single post that posts something that goes against me or my opinion. Itā€™s quite annoying. When Patrick made the announcement, I thought things were going to change on the forums. It didnā€™t.

Itā€™s quite sad. I joined this community very early, and it was great in the beginning. Itā€™s just gotten worse and worse the as trolls and spammers have made the ā€œproperā€ people leave.

I know people are going to post shit against this post too claiming that Iā€™m even worse than the people Iā€™m describing. Go ahead, itā€™s a free world. Too bad I wonā€™t read it. Enjoy the forums.

@ShadowedDeath, yes.

Haha well that sucks. Sorry to here your leaving.

Sure there are a lot of people that go off-topic but its not really a bad thing. This isnā€™t a strict place like the military or anything. Itā€™s just people having fun and playing around. None of the ā€œproperā€ people left this community because of these people.

But whatever, well good bye.

lol ok, bye