[Win] Music and sound effects are breaking

So, yes. All the sound seems to be breaking all the time for me. I mean “snapping” noises several times a second.
Any clues what to try to fix this? If this is a flash-based game, I should have the latest version of it in use (all HW drivers too should be good as everything else works ok).

Dxdiag here

I’m having this same problem on Windows 8. Running the game in XP compatibility fixes the sounds but the game only displays a white screen (everything seems to work in the background, however, even though it’s displaying only white).

I could fix the sound problems by increasing the sampling rate of my sound device to 24 Bit, 48000kHz (maximum for that device)

Someone said the game’s running in Chromium; I had this same issue with Chrome and HTML5 sounds a while back, until they fixed it. So could Chromium have something to do with the problem?

I also tried changing the sampling rate (24bit 48000kHz and 32bit 48000kHz) but that didn’t fix it.

Thanks for the tip about the compatibility mode, D2r! For me, it seemed to fix the audio snapping issue and I’m still getting the picture as well. Didn’t occur to me to try that at all. I tried disabling other audio devices and shutting down unnecessary processes and stuff like that with no results.

I also made some trials with different bit rates and sampling frequencies suggested above, but no success there either without XP-compatibility mode. My default value seemed to be the 24bit 48kHz setting.

I am having this same sound problem on my Windows 7 machine.

Using XP compatability mode, does indeed fix the sound stutter.
But for me, the screen just goes entirely white ingame.

I can hear that my clicks do something, but i cannot see anything in the game window.

Anyone have any ideas for this problem?

After testing around a bit, I found a few things.

The sound is fixed with any compatibility older than XP, even 95 seems to work.
However, i still have just a white screen using any of those.

Never than XP (Vista) does not fix the sound problem, but keeps the graphics functioning.

Having XP compatibility on, and then choosing to run the game in 256 colors, does actually work, and I can then see the game.
It is not however, very pretty :slight_smile:

Seeing a solution in another thread where the screen when white, then black, I tried fiddling with my gfx card settings.
That post however, was concerning AMD cards on laptops, and unfortunately I’m on a desktop with an nvidia card, that does not allow disabling the dedicated card like AMD does (which was their solution).

Adding the game in the 3D settings tab, and disabling everything i could, was also to no avail.

I am on a GTX680 with a dual monitor setup.

I use windows 7 and have no issues with this…

So the problem seems to be related to my Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium sound card.

I made sure that i have the newest version, but the problem is still there.

However, the sound runs just fine from my on-board sound card.

I have no problem with the sound card in other games.

You may be on to something here, I also have an X-Fi Titanium sound card and this problem. The newest drivers from earlier this year didn’t help me with the issue either.

I have the same issue. And the same soundcard.
Also, when I run it in WinXP compatibility mode, sound works, but I get a white screen like many of us.

I’m having similar problems with the sound. Running Windows 7 (32-bit) on a fairly basic Lenovo laptop without any special sound stuffeths.

Intriguingly, I had no such static/skip/breaking issues with the sound when playing the Demo.

I’m also having this bug. I have dual monitor setup, GTX 670, and my sound card is Asus Xonar DGX. Haven’t tried on onboard audio whether using it fixes the bug. Just saying that the issue isn’t just within the one exact model of sound card which Aldwyn and D2r have.

I am also having these sound issues, and have an X-fi Titanium Pro. Will try and play around with the sound+compatibility settings.

Yes, the game runs on node-webkit which wraps chromium with node.js.

I’ve never seen, err, I mean heard this issue myself but we’ll try to update to the latest node-webkit version in one of our next updates and hopefully this will solve the problem.

Wasn’t able to solve the problem myself at all, but that’s not too surprising.

The audio glitches sound similar to what happens if you set an audio buffer too small (like with ASIO). Is there some kind of setting for this in node-webkit?

@gnor, and idea if we can tweak node-webkit to handle this better?

I had the exact same issue with crome on win7. It could be solved by adding --audio-buffer-size=2048 to the exe.
This fix worked perfectly on the GameDevTycoon.exe however it must be located on a „system known path“ such as C:\Users\ username \AppData\Local\GameaDevTycoon\

it’s a simple fix. maybe someone could release a mod for it or the devs could fix it

@gnor, can we change the buffer size in node-webkit?