Ideas for 1.5.0

Story Events:

1. Boss, Vonny/Ninvento/Mirconoft just sued us saying that our console looks exactly like theirs, and was made with the same technology. Should we take them to court?

2. Boss, ZA(EA) sued us, saying that our sports game looks exactly like their sports game. Should we make our fans form a riot on their footsteps?

Extensions to Multi-Platform:

1. Let us publish games to more than 3 game platforms at a time

Hardware Lab Extensions:

1. Let us make custom hand-held consoles like the Nintendo 3DS
  2. Custom Tablets
  3. Custom Phones
  4. Custom OS for our consoles

R and D Lab Extensions:

1. Pre-Orders for our Games
  2. Let us choose the price of our games
  3. 3D Graphics V8-3D Graphics V10
  4. Parades
  5. Company Mascot
  6. Cover-Art
  7. Bribe Reviewers to give us a higher score

Node-Webkit:

1. Update the Node-Webkit version to 0.7.2(https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit/releases/tag/nw-v0.7.2)

Version: Steam 1.4.3

18 Likes

No. That’s other people’s job.

But the other ideas… are… good?

• Event: Boss! I just looked outside the window and theres a meteor heading towards us! Apparently it will crash in three days. Should we: Panic, Run, or Quickly Build A Rocketship And Head For Pandora?
4 Likes

A thousand times, yes! Someone pin this topic :smiley: All of these ideas are wonderful!

Also, maybe more offices/office choices that affect employee signups (eg offices in areas with more tech experience, design or both/areas with more applicants) and possibly areas that provide audience bonuses?

These are really good ideas! I luv em!

i need more and harder achievements, because im done with all the achievements. i need new challenges!

Great ideas i hope they import them :smile:

I would also love to see a steam highscore board so I can compete against everyone else for the highest score.

2 Likes

when you played the game already 2-3 times, all those nonrelevant messages (tutorial and upcoming consoles) getting pretty annoying.

1. it should be possible (in the settings) to deactivate the tutorial.
  2. it should be possible (in the settings) to change the long messages into a short log-outputs where you dont have to click ok all the time.
7 Likes

Ideas i liked most:

• More consoles/tablets etc
  • Preordering
  • More 3d
  • Bribeing Reviewers :smiley:

My ideas (more):

• Custumization on Steam(Grid)
  • Decideing the price of the game (lower price more sales and fan, higher price less fan and sales more earnings).
  • Withdrawing money from banks when we want.
  • More staff capacity.
  • More staffs when you search
  • Hiring famous people like Sid Meier and developing appopriete game (for sid meier strategy) should give hype & review bonus.
4 Likes

That was my idea…

1 Like

My ideas is are as followed

• DLC/Expansion packs for non MMO games
  • License Engines
  • License different technology (For example buy someone’s Stereo Sound research)
  • “Bribe” Reviewers (Aka if they don’t give a good score you’ll pull ad space)
  • Adjustable favors for consoles. (For example if you mostly build Mature Adventure and Strategy games, the custom console should be favorable to Mature Adventure and Strategy games. After the fandom you built up would most likely be the ones who purchase your console).

– For expansions here is what I would like to see.–

• Being able to purchase smaller developer teams as source of income (probably function similar to MMO, they make their own games and sell them but you have to pay their maintenance).
3 Likes

I also think that post-game Time Travel should be unlockable; for example, you bring your stats and money or part of your money into a new game, possibly also being a hard mode? Like, it takes twice the money to do things, but you get more pay for your games? Or level cap increase, or more staff/Levels, possibly multi-level offices to make more than one game at once? Like a level specializing in making RPGs, one for Action games, etc. @PatrickKlug, do any of these ideas on this page sound viable for an update/expansion or such?

1 Like

Yes! Cover art please!

-Creating a series. At the moment, you can simply create sequels to games and you’ll then create a series in your own mind, but the game just treats each like the original’s #2, rather than the next game in a long line of games. If a game is great enough (or even good enough but needing more features), fans should tell you that they’re looking for a sequel.

Regardless of if fans voice their opinions, however, you can create a series in the same menu you create sequels and new games from. For a series to become a reality, you need to have at least two games in the series. So, as soon as you’ve created a sequel to the original, you can create a series by simply selecting which games you’ve created belong to the series. You must add games that are legitimate sequels to others, though; so you can’t add games that belong to other series or are not sequels of the original.

If a series becomes successful, you could receive extra hype whenever you choose to start marketing (or when G3 comes around, more fans will be gained and will come to the conference). If a series fails, however, you may have a hard time gaining hype even if you use the most expensive marketing (okay, maybe not that drastic; Large Campaigns will always have some effect of hype, but Small Campaigns might not if a series is so bad). Even if a game receives a 10/10 in a series (which is it even more likely to do if previous games are bad), if it had bad reputation in the past, you may have a harder time getting sales depending on hype.

To add to this, creating a series will add a new menu called “Series Info” (like Game History, it will have a list of every series, including what games are in each series; reputation of a series will be listed here rather than general score); any game in Game History belonging to a series will have a section called “Series: [Series Name Here]”; game reports will have additional insight in regards to whether people like the series or not.
-Console Manufacturer Marketing - For games in a successful series that are on multiple platforms, a console’s manufacturer (like Vonny or Mirconoft) may want you to market more for their console, so they will give you some cash to use for marketing. Whenever a console manufacturer chooses to do this, it will appear in the news as soon as they’ve done so and when you’ve marketed. Depending on the success of your game, you could receive anywhere from $100K-$3M for marketing. You will gain extra hype from this form of marketing, but fans may voice their opinion about you doing so and drop out (realistically, thinking you may care more about one specific console than the others).
-Price Tag - Setting the price for the game. People have been begging for this since versions past, so this has to come about eventually. The price tag you choose will have an effect on hype, sales, and rating, and the way all this is effected is on what type of game you’re developing. For example, if you develop a AAA MMO for PC, PlaySystem 4, and mBox One/Next and deliver on a good (7.5/10 or 8/10+) experience, fans and new people to your fandom should find an $80 price tag to be just.

Just the same, if you develop a game like that at an even lower price tag, say $40-60, fans might rejoice and ratings could be higher along with hype and sales. However, if you were to do the same type of pricing ($80) with a regular Small game on the grPhone, PPS, and GS and deliver any type of experience–good or bad–you’ll be badmouthed for it in reviews and by fans, losing out on hype, sales, and review scores altogether, while also being mocked in magazines for expecting people pay such exorbitant fees for a game you didn’t put enough work into.

The lowest you should be able to set a price to is $1, and the highest should be $100.
-Mobile Hardware Development - Being able to develop a mobile platform at the same time as a home console. Not really much else to say there :stuck_out_tongue: Designs for it should include some really futuristic looking things over time, including flexible screens on said devices.
-Pausing Game Development - You can temporarily stop game development once you’ve reached any stage (except the one where you’re able to actually “Publish the game”). Pausing game development:

• Will sacrifice most, if not all, of the hype for the game.
  • Will lead to the loss of some (a very small amount, that is) not-so-hardcore fans of the game.
  • Magazines/Fans Voicing Opinions - You may see magazines talking about how a game has been paused in development. Magazines could vary in what they’re saying depending on how much hype the game already had (if it was low, they might say “We won’t miss it much”, for example). Fans could also voice their opinions saying “I love games from [Company Name] and I was really looking forward to their newest game [Game Title]. Too bad we’ll have to wait a bit longer now.”

Pauses result in basically a delay. While you’re paused, you can:

• Resume development any time by selecting the option “Resume Development” in the menu by clicking anywhere on the screen.
  • Stop development at any time by selecting the option “Cancel Development” in the menu by clicking anywhere on the screen. (May result in an extreme loss of fans and negativity from magazines)
  • Create a new game entirely, while the other is paused. (You can only have 2 games paused at once, while developing yet another game; you can’t pause 3 at a time) In this way, it is possible to release 3 games very close to each other.
8 Likes

My thoughts (sorry if any of these were mentioned already!):

• The ability to choose multiple Topics for one game, for example
    Vampire/Werewolf or Medieval/Fantasy.
  • The ability to make launch titles for an upcoming console.
  • More control over which consoles are popular. I know the game follows
    real life to a degree, but I’d like it if by the time your studio is
    at the third stage you can help a console’s popularity if you make great/good games for it consistently. Or maybe adding the option to make ports post release with the ability to sabotage them by making inferior ports? XD
  • To go along with the above idea, console makers occasionally trying
    to make deals with you to make games for their console once you have
    a strong number of hits under your belt. Also maybe the ability to sign
    exclusivity agreements with a certain company for a certain number of
    games?
  • Outdated tech should be left off the list when you’re making a custom engine.
  • Greying out specialties when you already have one of that type on
    your team.
  • The ability to make an updated version of successful titles once you hit the third stage. Only for games that earn a minimum score of say…8 or 8.5 and that are significantly outdated.

I also really like these ideas that were already mentioned:

• Putting the story elements off to the side so they don’t interrupt
    gameplay. I don’t want them to be cut completely because they are fun
    to read but they get to be a bit much when they stop the game and
    you’ve already seen them multiple times.
  • More custom hardware. Handhelds/Tablets/Phones etc.
  • Preorders.
  • A few more staff members.
  • DLC/Expansions for things other than MMOs.
  • More extensive Engine licensing. It’s such a small feature now that
    it’s completely insignificant.
  • Your custom console’s fanbase should be influenced by what you make
    the most of.
  • Expanding on the GRID service. Maybe make deals with other devs to offer their games on it as well?
  • Purchasing smaller devs so you can have multiple games being made at
    the same time and more income coming in. You can have the option to
    tell them what to make or let them do their own thing and if they
    aren’t profitable, you can close them down or maybe sell them.
  • The ability to create franchises in addition to having sequels.
  • More tech to research.
4 Likes

all i want is to have the popup profit page to stay longer some times it shows up i look at it for a sec and then it goes away to fast for me to read every thing it just need to stay up longer or until i close it on the side

1 Like

Graphics card and CPU develop

1 Like

Hi, thought I’d add to this thread rather than making my own.

Few ideas (some stolen from people above as I’d like to second them!)

Firstly being able to enter a slider value would be nice - or a numerical representation. I’m thinking similar to humble bundle where instead of playing with 3 sliders and have them adjust themselves against eachother, I can just enter the values to exactly what I want and as long as it adds to 100% I’m good to go. Small but handy.

Being able to research the ability to create large games for later handheld consoles (i.e. once AAA games are available). While there is a case for making medium games for handhelds once you’ve large games unlocked, it becomes pretty nonexistant once you’ve got AAA games.

Alternatively - Allow “Projects” which you assign staff to. For example if I have 6 staff I could start two medium games projects and assign 3 staff to each. This would allow me to develop two games at once and keep medium games as an sensible option if you can self publish large/AAA games.

Would also allow you to keep someone aside to deal with research/training etc, but at the cost of them obviously not getting any experience on the project. Unsure how you’d balance gaining experience for Gameplay/Engine/Story etc, as you could potentially get 2-3x the amount this way (I think?).

Add group training/staff contests to the training menu. The event where you have a coding contest is brilliant and allows you to cheaply get a lot of research for your staff. Something similar to this but more expensive would be nice for later levels when say I want to train all my staff’s speed - rather than having them do it all individually. Perhaps limit only to speed/research as these are less “necessary” and individual than design/tech?

Some form of competition with competitors. Announce they are releasing the same type of game and hurt your sales unless you smash it? Staff competitions (like the coding challenge, but with competitors from other companies?) CEO competitions? As it stands we’re just constantly trying to beat a personal best.

Some more hardware to build would be nice, as it seems to be of much less use than the R&D department.

Perhaps a new game+ mode with increased difficulty (relating to competitors?).

Could potentially have to contest with your staff being head hunted if they’re unhappy (overworked or made several rubbish games in a row?)

Being able to pause a game is a very nice idea

I also like the idea of pre-orders, but with appropriate punishments for delivering a terrible game after.

Ability to make launch titles would be nice. A few times I’ve been sat chilling for a few months because I know a console is about to get released.

This has already become far too long, so I’ll leave it here.

Great game!

4 Likes