[WIP] Topic Gems Mod

Hello there. I’ve been playing Game Dev Tycoon recently and after finishing a game with it, I decided to check out mods for the game. I’ve seen a lot of different mods being developed for it and I decided to make up one of my own. It’s basically just a topic mod made from UltimateModEditor (sorry if I posted it in the wrong section). If you can provide me with some feedback and suggestions, it would help out a lot in making this mod. I would also appreciate if you didn’t respond with STRONG negativity. If you have any problems, let me know. I’m still new at posting and modding.

Link:Topic Gems Mod

Edit: No longer UME dependant.
Changelog: v1.0 - Initial Release
v1.0 - No UME Needed Mod

New Release: Topic Gems Mod Renewed

Next Release: More Topics (either from me or suggestions from others)
Recoding of weightings (if change is requested by majority. This mod is not for one person only.)

Post below what topics you want for this mod, and if you want, their weightings.

1 Like

If you wishes to make more ambitious thing I not you advice not of used a software, good on it has that an advice.

How did you create a me with a program that is broken? The UME no longer works… And neither does ultimate lib

Well correction the program works fairly fine but the Ultimate lIb is broken so the program is pointless

Oh, I really didn’t know about that. I just saw some mods posted from the UME here and I just wanted to make my own since I keep on getting bored with the topics. I know that there are some other mods that are not using UME but, being that I play VNs and watch anime, I just want some topics involving that and a few more that are not provided by other mods. I’m not really interested in adding new consoles at the moment so finding solo topic mods is hard, knowing that having multiple topic mods can give you duplicate topics with different scores. I also don’t know how to use Java yet, so I just used UME to make my mod, since it told me it was easy to make. But if you say that the Ultimate lib doesn’t work, I may have to learn Java first before I can renew this mod. I guess I’ll just make queries about adding more topics in the forum for mods that are still wanting to add more topics. Thanks for telling me straight though. And, if you can help me, do you know any solo topic mods that are decent. Thanks in advance.

Thanks. Once I learn how to mod properly, I’ll rewrite the mod. I just hope GDT won’t be obsolete by then. I’ll just find some other mods that can provide me with topics then.

Oh, And if you can help me, do you know what the missionOverrides does to the topics. I opened a topic mod I had besided the one I made and I saw some topics having this parameter. What does it do exactly?

Making simple topics for GDT is very simple. You don’t really have to know how to code in java.

Creating Mods
Creating Topics

Thanks, I’ll look into this and try to remake it from scratch. And if you can help me, are there any topics you want to see from this mod?