[WIP] GDTMP - Multiplayer Mod [Client 0.5.11, Server 1.5.5.0] (Now in 10 languages!)

Never heard of that happening since February, but I’ll check it out.

2 Likes

Also, I get this error when I take my console off the market manually. Both offline and online.

Already fixed in 0.5.0, it was a code typo on my part. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Darkly

When will 0.5.0. come out?

Status update: The server browser went down yesterday due to ISP issues, but it’s back up now.

When I’m done with it :stuck_out_tongue: I’m actually going to try (at least almost) finishing it today since I’m not going to be doing anything important. It’s actually the largest update yet, too.

1 Like

Today? :open_mouth:

Probably not. But I’m working on it right now, and it’s pretty close to being complete :wink:

Also, the announcement of the day is the current changelog. This one doesn’t include translation additions or updates but they will be in the final changelog:

Client 0.5.0 (The XXL Update)

• You can now co-develop games with other companies!
  • View detailed information/stats about other players! Use the “i” button just above the top right corner of the server list
  • Advanced spying now lets you get (not take away) topics and researches from other companies if the budget is high enough!
  • Compare your scores in the highscore menu!
  • Modders can send and receive custom data!
  • Added a chat button next to the info button
  • A message is displayed when other players get achievements
  • Added “connecting” message
  • Smoother dialog buttons and animations
  • Added “show only chat messages” option in chat dialog
  • Improved the way servers are pushed to the history
  • The server list restores itself automatically if it fails the first time
  • More death causes
  • The player list won’t extend beyond the window height anymore
  • Multiplayer context menu items no longer show when not connected
  • Trading, advanced spying and sabotage dialogs now close when you disconnect from a server
  • Minor layout changes
  • Adjusted how long it takes to research multiplayer researches
  • Localized previously unlocalized messages
  • Proper localized research names are now displayed in the “X has researched Y” messages
  • Fixed trading causing errors
  • Fixed error showing up when taking a console off the market
  • Fixed trades/advanced spying/sabotage sometimes executed with the wrong company
  • Fixed the assassination confirm dialog not caring whether “yes” or “no” is picked
  • Fixed kick messages showing up when they shouldn’t
  • Fixed trade message not being formatted
  • Fixed error when opening the server browser without a connection
  • Fixed the minimize button being misplaced after maximizing
  • Fixed a few other bugs that nobody would ever find
  • Compatibility with server 1.5.0.0

Server [b]1.5.0.0[/b]
  • Added optional server-side saving! Use “set serversidesave [true|false]” to enable/disable in the console, in the GUI you can change it in the settings dialog. This feature is disabled by default
  • Added a more visible message in the GUI when a new version is available, and the window will also flash
  • You can now see what mods players are using in the player information dialog
  • Made it possible to copy text from the GUI console
  • Made the player list more detailed
  • The console now also displays your local IP address
  • Added optional reason parameter to the ban command
  • Better performance with lots of players connected
  • Better security
  • Changed a few messages
  • Disabled “tabbing” in the main form
  • Fixed trading data not being sent to clients
  • Fixed tabbing in the other forms
  • Fixed kicking players for “poll” when they open the server browser while connected and other bugs related to the server not getting the client ports
  • Fixed “System.AggregateException” errors showing in the GUI console (they will still show in the regular console though)
  • Fixed “System.InvalidOperationException” errors showing up rarely in the GUI console
  • Fixed automatic port forwarding not working at all (still not sure whether it fully works now though)
  • Fixed update checking not working
  • REQUIRES CLIENT 0.5.0 OR LATER
3 Likes

Ah, didn’t know 0.5.0 was the big one.
Can’t wait for it! But I guess I have to…

2 Likes

Darkly a new idea Co-develop game engines i am speak french sorry

I’ll consider adding that later :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok

Good news: The update is almost done! All that’s left is figuring out how to synchronize the finishing up and release of co-developed games (suggestions are welcome), and some testing.

Oh, and for people working on translating the mod or updating their translations… if you can’t finish before I release it, there’s always the minor updates :wink:

4 Likes

Last month I sent an e-mail to one of the gaming magazines in Turkey, mentioning your mod and my translation and here it is!

To all Turkish users, if you encounter a problem about the Turkish translation, contact me so I can help.
“Eğer Türkçe yama ile ilgili bir sorununuz varsa bana ulaşın.”

5 Likes

Wow, that’s amazing! Really cool that it got into the magazine, too! You’re awesome :sunglasses:

3 Likes

3 Likes

E3! :smiley:
I’m pumped.
(SIMS 4 IKDFOJXSUDKFDNSIHSDSAKBFNASUD)

1 Like

@darkly urm, all i can see is the world cup and E3 . I’m guessing this means you will be going to them

1 Like

Nope. Not going to either of them, although I sure wish I could. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hint: It’s related to GDTMP :wink:

1 Like

@Darkly for E3… arggh. some type of award. for the world cup… i don’t know, I’m out of ideas for that one

Assuming my plans don’t change, I’ll keep posting hints until someone figures it out.

1 Like