[WIP] GDT Enlightening

I abandoned my fully working Java project due to the fact that the JDK isn’t entirely open-source and that the UI toolkit I used (swing) got abandoned. Neither is the JVM. (Java Virtual Machine) So here I am again, finally deciding to take a look at this once again. I can’t promise much but I can promise that I will get a working version out someday! :smiley:

Downloads

I will not be able to provide you with Windows and Mac versions before someone compiles it for those platforms for me, the source will be opened up on version 0.1. Until then, please do not ask.

Linux: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjodcyc1uu6h25r/GDT-Enlightening
Dependencies: Qt 5

Screenshots

(ignore the title, forgot to change it when deciding to use my ‘Hello Qt’ project for this instead)

I will not be able to work on this for the first week, due to a vacation. After that however I will dedicate most of my freetime on this. If the community expansion gets in the way I will prioritize that.

I hope you all have a wonderful easter!

• Stian
1 Like

what
What’s with those topics?

My first game was such a hit, i cant believe the topic green would work so great as a sim game!

1 Like

I’m back! :slight_smile: We’ll see how much work I can crank out in the upcoming week.

4 Likes

A picture of the new design, and it working under Windows! :slight_smile: The only work I did to get it working was downloading the Visual Studio compiler and voila!

2 Likes

First implementation of the exporter is under works, I’m not sure whether I want to use forever making it failsafe or just implement it using the standard C++ libraries. I’ll probably just use ifstream and ofstream for now, and when its working properly I’ll move onto a more complicated write function.

Mwuh. Lazy single-platform bastard :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, why make it Linux only? If you can code a program from scratch, you can make it multi-platform. You don’t even have the crappy excuse of being locked into directX or something dumb like that. Just make it cross-platform.

Anyway, other than that anti-single-platform rant, this looks decent, for a crappily coded single-platform title.

(Before you say anything, I personally use linux daily on my laptop, and I STILL think it should be multi-plat. Same reason I shout at windows-only game devs, even though I have a windows PC now.)

Because he is a Linux user himself. Anyways, I’m sure he’ll make a Windows port eventually, right @Stian?

Now, I did explain pretty clearly why I can’t port it to several platforms myself. If anyone is to compile it for me, thanks for that. @lilshatespug217, can you please read my main post again?

The source code is open, if you want to compile it for another platform I am not stopping you.

I am going to try to cross-compile it, but I barely know how to compile it for my own platform so I need someone else to do it.

I think we got the message. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Guh, I think I’ll use FLTK or something similar. Qt is a hell to cross-compile, meaning I need someone else to compile it for me which I doubt anyone is ever going to volunteer to. So, I’m gonna work on the exporter and make it completely seperated from the GUI so I could possibly have several graphical frontends :slight_smile:

I volunteer to compile since its summer here and i have basic-adept understanding of code.

I just need some basic knowledge on how to compile such thing.

To compile you write “qmake main.cpp -o binary.64”, but on Windows you probably have to mess around with environment variables and stuff. There’s a reason I moved away from Windows, and that weirdness is the reason.

Yeah windows is not really the best environment haha