Will there ever be a Game Dev Tycoon 2?

The first app I bought on my surface pro was this one and I absolutely loved it! I hope it continues in some way so I have two questions:

1. Will the current version of the game ever have another update (adding new features rather than optimizing performance or fixing bugs)? And I mean ever… even in 20 years!

2. Will there ever (even in 20 years) be a sequel to this game and if so are you already working on it?

Once again I just wanted to say you have done such a fantastic job on this game even though I can think of many things that would make it better but I can say that about any game so don’t take it personally :wink:

1.) They will update game
2.) Patric said in one post ‘maybe’ :smile:

Not sure if it would be a good idea. Considering the game has already run through the current 30 years of gaming history, it would have to be made far in the future, or just generally have some alternate story.

They have talked about sequels but have decided to focus on this game like they should do instead of making a sequel straight up.

There should be a 1.3.11 patch coming out soon, maybe this month or next most likely fixing some bugs and that, but the big update comes out in August which is 1.4 I’m pretty sure.

Where have you heard about this update? What features will 1.4 add?

There’s a big update on August and it’ll be a suprise.

Or maybe they can just launch new DLC. :smiley: It’s Steam, after all.

1 Like

I bought this game from the Windows App Store though… Will that version get the updates?

I’m Pretty sure that most past updates have been added when the Windows 8 version got released, so its different in terms of patches due to half of them already being implemented.

They’ve made an announcement before about the firstdlc of the game. I hope it’s free but it’s okay for me to pay $2 for it if it’s worth it.

They said the will back-port the game for Windows app.

Where is this DLC? :open_mouth: I’m sure it would be free.

It’s on their news and announcement.

It’s called Game Dev Tycoon: Shareholders or something like that.

Oh, IM guessing that would be a priced Expansion…It looks like a new game lol

The Shareholders Edition was an April fools by Patrick :smile: Sorry guys :blush: You wouldn’t believe how many emails i got asking about “The Shareholders Edition”

As for Game Dev Tycoon 2;
I cannot confirm or deny if there will be any DLC or a Game Dev Tycoon 2 for Game Dev Tycoon…But there will be more to come from us, But more of what?
You will have to wait and see! :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Oh Patrick, I’m hunting you down. :frowning:

I think it’s way too early for DLC or to even start thinking about DLC.

tell Patrick he’s made my hit list for me, got really excited…

Yes there will be a Game dev tycoon 2, (as far as I know) they want to do another game, before doing a game dev tycoon 2, I have to admit I am looking forward to what the differences/improvements will be between 1, and 2, If not I guess that’s ok… but that’s just me…

they could make a game where you are another person going against or with another group like a 3rd party game console making company and you are a video game developer or leader of the development team with access to buy a small, medium or large place (of course you could just buy one of the larger ones later in the game) small is easy because of only 8k you spend on it. medium is normal because you spend 30k on it and large is hard because you spend a whopping 500k on it. and of course when you get farther into the game and make more money (time advancing inflation rising) you would spend more money on it