Why would anyone pirate music?

I thought of this when I was listening to some music(no it’s wasn’t remove kebab :green_heart: off).

because they don’t have money? :stuck_out_tongue:

yes but most music is on youtube
unless you have terrible internet

Maybe they want to have it on the computer for reasons.

Maybe youtube is blocked there?

Maybe because downloading any music in my country is legal?

Because they are pirates from the seven seas?

3 Likes

Because copyright is as stupid as the norwegian government. If the police want to arrest me for downloading a file, they might want to fix their prioritizing.

Because out here in the colonies internet access isn’t universal yet. There are still places I can’t stream. Like tunnels. And sometimes near powerlines. Or on the long lonely roads between cities. (for the geographically challenged europeans in the audience… imagine if there was a road between amsterdam and warsaw and no other cities were on it. That’s what the drive from denver to kansas city is like)

Because our society is really f***ed up now.

2 Likes

This is DA POLIce!!1!1111!!

4 Likes

because you are making a post for this and now people kniw about it

is pirating music really a thing? by listening it on youtube or soundcloud (etc), your still streaming it, your still listening to it for free.
by doing a quick google search, you’ll see the definition of piracy is: “use or reproduce (another’s work) for profit without permission, usually in contravention of patent or copyright.” other websites have a very similar definition.

use, is open to interpretation, by listening to it on youtube, am i not using another’s work ? although I guess you could argue it is also the distribution and “taking” of another’s work, which i guess you could say is fair.

But, the reason why i personally download music is because i listen to music in alot of different place, and i don’t want to be using more mobile data than i need to

you mean USA?