White screen on start

Thanks for the reply @Charlie, I´ve listed my specs few posts above, I´ve got PCIEx Radeon HD 5670 1GB, I´m on my home 100Mbit wifi network (PCI wifi card), my AV and and Firewall have both exceptions for whole Steam game library enabled.

Heya @marek_kicko

Thank you for your patience. I just noticed that you said this;

Every time it shows white screen with list of folders of the drive I have the game installed on.

Is Steam installed on your C drive along with Game Dev Tycoon also on the same Drive letter?

@Charlie
I have both Steam and GDT installed on the same drive, but not system C, it´s on secondary D. But I have a library set outside my main Steam folder, in my personal Games folder, so that may cause some issues, I´ll try to have the game placed in main Steam folder library. Or do you suggest to have the Steam install folder and library on a separate partitions?

Heya,

The issue with a folder directory or a node webkit message can occur when the game and steam are installed on different drives and when Game Dev Tycoon is not installed on the C drive. I would suggest trying it on your C drive and testing if it works that way.

1 Like

That last one was a golden advice @Charlie I´ve created the new Steam library on C drive and everything works now. Newest 1.4.15 build and achievements properly register on Steam now, thank you very much for the help! Now I can enjoy the game, the new features are awesome.

1 Like

Great news and glad to hear! Thank you for your patience in this matter :trophy:

I use ESET for AV and I have this same issue. White screen of death with exceptions in firewall. Also use Steam and GDT in main C: library. Using Windows 8.1 with an AMD Radeon 7730M card while on my home network.

Heya @Scott_McLeod

Sorry to hear about that. Have you tried swapping to the integrated chip instead of the Radeon?

Not able to, the integrated and Radeon run concurrently. Sadly, I can’t choose what runs where.