What I would like to see in Game Dev Tycoon (if you have the time)

Hello, this is my first post on the forum and I just wanted to say some ideas I’ve had while playing the game.

More Research things: Some include, 2D 6-8, 3D 8-10, VR Support optimized, Dual Games (like two variants on the same game)

More Console Skins: Skins like the SNES or og Xbox, or making your own PC.

Bigger offices: 2 stages more, each including 1 more thing like the R&D lab and Hardware (maybe a Web Browser or specialized VR labs.)

Making a mobile console or phone, like the DS or something.

Controversial Games: Games that can get both a one and a ten, and instead of being labelled as a 5, it would be labelled with a C, and it would sell very well, however you could lose fans at the same time.

More Staff, maybe up to 8/10, so every specialty is able to be acquired.

Able to become a “AAA” Company, on the lines of Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony, which would make it so you would give your teams designs for games, and let them work it out themselves, so you can make multiple games/franchises at a time.

Crossover Games: Like a sequel, but you have to chose 2-10 games, which will boost the hype to incredible levels. If you make a sequel to a crossover game, you will have to have at least one more franchise in it.

AAA Contracts: Top amount would be 600 in either technology or design.

Buying IP’s: You could (for a steep price) buy an IP from almost any company. The smaller the company, the lower the price. So for example, you could buy, say, the Mega Man franchise for 800,000,000. Or you could buy Mario for Billions, I don’t know, I’m just a guy sitting at a computer, I’m not good at game development.

Giving out Publishing: Remember how at the beginning of your game, you used publishers to get medium games out? Yeah, now YOU are the one who are posting it. You can chose the audience, genre, size, console, or just let them chose it! You can also chose how much you want to give them, minimum is 11%, and you can go up to 100%.

Auctions: Like the buying IP’s, you can be invited to an auction, or invite other companies, and put up a bargain for the IP you want to buy.

Thank you for reading what I want, again, this is my first post, but I do want it to be seen. Also, tell me how bad my ideas were!

9 Likes

I agree with all of these! Let’s hope this is a next update or Game Dev Tycoon 2!

Wow, I genuinely wasn’t expecting anyone to see this! Thanks! :smiley:

All these ideas are really good, one other cool thing could be making remakes and remasters on games, before and after they’ve had sequels

1 Like

I really like the idea about the controversial games.

Hey these are great ideas but some mods have mod these changes as the DZgenghiskhan mod made so you can be the publisher, and buying ip’s is kinda what the. Competitor mod did.

Mobile can’t get mods, so only PC players would get to use those consoles in the mods

I just posted two things on a current suggestions thread: Make a menu in config to change some given strings. I saw that on a game called MobilePhoneTycoon2, where you can edit Lonevo, MacroSoft or Nakio back to anything, e.g. the actual names.

That said, I only can imagine GDT to use fake IP-names (suggestion in this thread), as they did for Playsystem or G3.

I think that would add greatly to emmersion.

Love these ideas… GDT has so much material to dive into and content to expand on if they ever made a sequel. I think some improvements would help a lot too!

One thing that bothered me about GDT was how your next game absolutely had to be better than the last or else it would completely flop. I think that should only apply to sequels and regular games shouldn’t be as peanlized hard. It’s alright if they exclude you from getting perfect 10’s, but not flat out bash it.

I like you brought up franchises and purchasing them because some of my thoughts were:

-A game with 2 or more sequels becoming a franchise with it’s own little fanbase that mainly adds to your companies number of fans, but keeps it’s own number that grows overtime with more sequels, mainstream success, merchandise, etc.

-Being able to create spin-offs of franchises that can also spawn their own fanbases and have the chance of either doing poorly, okay, or even surpassing the mainline.

-Fanbase wars that can create buzz for your game, but cause a riff, allowing you to gain fans by appealing to the majority with future games but at the cost of losing your older dedicated fans. I think this would be caused by the genre of your game changing (unless it’s a dual/multi genre which all of them would need to be changed for fanbase wars to occur), targeted demographic, content within the game being cut/added, and also with spin-offs bringing in fans unaware of the mainline.

-Old fans/dedicated fans should get bonuses as in, more likely to buy a bad game, will buy merchandise, and will show up to events more than newer fans, and will defend your company against critics and slander.

-Of course spin-offs can get their own sequels, and you can discontinue or sell-off franchises like you said in the OP if they are no longer lucrative or you simply lose interest.

Phew, I know that was a lot of word vomit but there’s just so much you could do.

1 Like

Your idea is great. If that becomes true then too great, will Dev Tycoon will have mod apk versions?

I think it’s worth it, but if you add these, the idea of improvement is very good. The first is to be compatible with the Games in the previous development host, because Vonny’s playsystem 2 can be compatible with the games on the playsystem, so why don’t we use this way? In addition, when developing the game, add several stages, such as role design, UI design, boss and other functions. That’s very good. There is also pirate mode. Pirate mode can’t only develop copy prohibition tools, but also need to develop game encryption, hardware encryption and other protection tools, and these functions will be added to the game engine, in addition to hardware. There are also employees. If there are dozens or hundreds of employees, it is very good. There are also studios. I suggest that one studio be divided into two or three. Because game studio tycoon this game. That’s how it was designed. There is also the development of the migration version, which is simply to keep the previous game content and add some new game content. Developed on other platforms. There are also platforms, such as Sega Saturn, Android phones and Android tablets. That’s good. There’s also Mbox next, playsystem5. The skin and name of these two platforms must be changed, because it’s not the same as in reality. If the official is to develop the latest version, I think Android version is better to download it in the third-party app store or directly on the official website, because my hometown is in China and I can’t access Google play service, so this is my biggest problem. And I don’t have IOS phones and tablets. So please give the official time to solve this problem, and develop simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese. This is very important, because with this, I will not face the problem of not proficient in language.

I think there is an important content missing in developing games, that is, experience version. Generally speaking, when a game company develops a game, it will first develop experience version, and then develop the full version according to some suggestions of fans. If this function is added to the game, it will undoubtedly be perfect. However, if the player completes the development of a beta version of a game, you have two choices, either you need to develop a full version or you need to abandon the game. I think it’s also very good to do so, especially in the aspect of development distributors. However, I don’t know if I can imitate the skin of other brand game makers, especially dreamvast, because it can play online games. I think it’s OK to do so. In terms of developing hardware online games, I think online games can be divided into online games and online game stores. Because online games have a lot of contradictions. I don’t know if this online game is an online game or an online game store? So please solve the problem officially.

If this game is added to the outsourcing development function, it will bring certain efficiency to the development of the game. Because the game development country supports outsourcing development, if it adds memory, it is very good. There is also the game cover. If the game cover uses the photos in the album for design, it is very good, but the game needs to be designed by itself or not. After all, it doesn’t affect its sales, but I think if you add a game cover, you can add a little face value to the game cover.

I saw that on a game called MobilePhoneTycoon2, where you can edit Lonevo, MacroSoft or Nakio back to anything, e.g. the actual names.

I’ve beat the game twice on PC and twice on iOS and mostly make nothing but 7/10 - 10/10 games so I hope what I’m about to tell you is correct. Using what I know about the game I have made one 11/10 game on iOS and got an achievement for it. vidmate download shareit pc
The % shows up when your team is unable to complete all of the features. Need to move the sliders so that all 3 sections are 100% and no longer show a #%. If you can’t get all of the % to disappear then disable an unneeded feature in that category.

Review are so random> I made a game in the 10th year dungeon RPG the game before I got 38 on design 51 on tech on this next Dungeon RPG game I got 46 design 54 tech. I got three 10s and 1 9 it sold I made like 7 million but I logged out and forgot to save o when I logged back in I got an idea im going to make the perfect so I would make my Dungeon RPG over and over again till I got the perfect score so I made like over 50 games I went up and down the chart

Design 45 Tech 51
54 58
47 55
46 58
46 53
U get the picture up and down seem if I went below 100(total deign and tech points)got bad reviews a I got higher better reviews but couldn’t duplicate what I did before keep in mind making sure the hype is as high it could be too usally just got all 8’s I even got the exact same score 46 on design and 54 on tech and only got all 8’ best I did was on one I got 44 D 56 T three 8s and a 10 and another got D54 T58 very high but got three 9s. Finally my best game came I got Design 44 Tech 57 and I got thrre 10s and 9 it made me 12 million but I belevie reviews are totally random