What essential topics are missing from GDT?

God game should be a topic, I agree.

I suppose as a new Genre, we need ‘fighting’.
Unlocked after you research ‘Casual’.

Also thought of ‘card game’, because that’s a topic that seems to be gaining ground lately.

Like ‘guild of dungeoneering’, or "hand of fate’.

That’s not a genre. At least I don’t consider it one.

FIghting for me would be “Fighting/Action” or “Fighting/Simulation”.

I think ‘fighting’ would belong to ‘action’.

Crime, for GTA style games, Point and Click for old school adventure games, fighting for Mortal Kombat and Street fighter type games

Definitevely PLATFORMING.
Wny can’t you make a Mario here?

HAS ANYONE MENTION
#Tycoon?!?!

no. we have not. and we should do this more.

how about
TOWER DEFENSE

:heart_eyes:

I actually want them to add freemium MMO where players can buy optional cosmetics, items, etc…, to enhance their gameplay (sort of like most MOBAs nowadays and some MMORPGs like Runescape for instance). Or it doesn’t have to be freemium. Just add a microtransaction model to Game Dev Tycoon and boom…

MMO is also very imbalanced. The exponentially increasing cost is killing my business, even if I develop expansion packs (And you know AAA MMO games and expansion packs alike take WAY TOO LONG to develop and before they are released the game would most likely be tainted). So I am trying to make MMO a one-time deal, which is a shame because I want a permanent MMO under my control.

If a developer reads this, I hope you guys can sorta re-balance it? It just seems odd to have a game growing in cost and there just isn’t enough time to develop an expansion pack without losing money. It’s infuriating.

I LOVE RuneScape :smiley:

Look at how micro transactions ruined Payday 2 and Killing Floor 2, those games HAD potential; Now they’re total shit.

Depends on how a gaming company manages micro-transaction really. Not all micro-transaction models are bad. Some really are very successful (like League of Legends and DOTA 2 on their own have micro-transaction models despite being freemium and free-to-play games).

The failing ones are those which require customers to pay for crucial and essential in-game features and/or extremely efficient and effective features that overshadow free features. This type of micro-transactions is basically rip-off.

I just really want the developers to adapt real-life gaming industry into the game. I guess that’s not really possible to achieve but hey, one can hope for Game Dev Tycoon 2 to be a more detailed and accurate version of the industry.

I thought you meant microtransactions on any game you make, but DOTA 2 and LoL are good examples of microtransaction games.

What I desire in Game Dev Tycoon is essentially a micro-transaction system that is as much as, if not more than MMO system installed in the game. It requires good management and all the elements that we have discussed have to be preserved in the game. But I guess that’s too much to ask for so I am looking forward to Game Dev Tycoon 2, in which this system will eventually exist.

[size=11](They have to rebalance the MMO system in the game first though lol.)[/size]

Are we talking about micro-transactions in GDT or in games you make on GDT?

In the games you make

That’s just the Strategy genre. “Real-time” and “Turn-based” should be something you can apply to Strategy games in the beginning Development Phase.

Topic Ideas @PatrickKlug (I’ll bold the ideas so you don’t have to read all the jargon):

• Cooking

• Virtual Card games

• Construction

• Learning (if you want to get more specific, you could have Math, Science, Typing,
    and Reading topics)

• Primal (or you could just put Dinosaur)

• More specific sports games (instead of just “Sports,” you could have American Football, Soccer, etc)

Would be cool to have that in GDT 2

1 Like