What does the red barrel man want?

Dave Johnson asked me about putting red barrels in his game and I agreed.

I saved before making the game. So far they’ve been in a sci-fi adventure game (I thought his name was a Portal 2 reference, and there isn’t a puzzle genre), a horror action game, and a military strategy game. The first two didn’t sell particularly well and only got 6s and 5s in reviews, so I wasn’t too surprised when he said it wasn’t well received.

The military strategy game got to number 1 on the chart, got a perfect 10, and was literally the best game I’ve ever made.

The red barrel man was sad because it wasn’t well received.

What does he want? His barrels were in the best game ever. The game was on my G3 stand. I don’t want to load again because I don’t think I’ll ever make a game this good again; but I also want to get the barrels in a game he likes.

Is he after an exact combination? Do I have to call the game “Portal”? I did google this, and people said that military and sci-fi are good choices, yet the game was not well received in either case. I’m confused. Is it just random?

I think this may be one of those things in the game that has a “loose end” so to speak. The Visorius is a similar story. They talk about it coming out and how you need to research Visorius Support, but nothing happens. I may be wrong but this just my conclusion. I’ve got a 9+ game review score on one of my games and was in G3 and the red barrel man said they weren’t well recieved. :frowning:

@ScrewTheMoose @Screw_Gaming the Red Barrels need to be put into an Action game, a reference to the common exploding barrels in many games, usually colored red. Dave Johnson and the reward he gives you afterwards are a reference to Portal though.

1 Like