What are you hoping to see in "Game Dev Tycoon 2"?

I am really excited for GDT 2 and was wondering what things you would like to see in the next installment.

Everything that is good about GDT
More than 6 employess
More content (platforms, events etc.)
More things to do, some variety
More depth into creating Hardware
Less bugs (obviusly)
More micromanagement maybe?

All the ideas from the ideas topics
because yes
(that would add over 500h of gameplay)

3 Likes

Official multiplayer mode.

Being able to change the Video Game history.

Customizable office

2 Likes

I hope not to see a second Game Dev Tycoon.

With all the newly developed game dev simulators, who have vastly improved on the trendsetter which is obviously Game Dev Tycoon, I don’t think anyone needs a Game Dev Tycoon. Many of the currently named features that would be new to Game Dev Tycoon, are already present in other games of the genre. There is no need for a Game Dev Tycoon 2. I’d much rather just have them do business sims/management games based on other kind of things instead of going with the same thing again.

There’s no need for a Game Dev Tycoon 2 and I’d much rather have them focus their resources spent on a possibly Game Dev Tycoon-like game with another theme or possibly a completely different game than another Game Dev Tycoon.

2 Likes

Yeah, those are some good ones. I like the features “Gamers go Makers” has but it’s nowhere near as polished as GDT. @Haxor

I believe they are working on a business type tycoon game for their next project, but they did mention that GDT 2 is something they are planning. @LineLiar

Yes. But most likely because of the money involved instead of having really good ideas to improve on the actual genre. I’d gladly eat those words but I do think I am not wrong in that regard.

1 Like

I would say both + a want to make more monies
"955,720 ± 21,240 owners" from SteamDB and “945,297 ± 24,042” from SteamSpy
so yeah
1 million sales on their first game

But still
who doesn’t want GDT 2

3 Likes

How can you say that!?
Charlie will find you.

That’s kinda true, but I still think that none of these games is perfect, and maybe GDT 2 would combine them and be the ultimate?

yeah I don’t think so
I’m still curious how will it look like.

1 Like

They plan on making the next GDT 2 3D.

Oh really, that will be pretty awesome. Kinda like the sims 4 mechanics? @chizbejoe

Well. Either it’s going to look very good (unfortunately unlikely as GHG is a pretty small company), or very bad. Or you know I could be totally wrong and it comes out alright.

1 Like

They’re already in the middle of making a business tycoon game in 3D. If GDT 2 ever comes out it’ll look good.

That depends on how good their next game will look…

Of course, they’d (hopefully) be different, a company can’t make games that are essentially reiterations of itself (EA GAMES ARE YOU LISTENING).

I would like to see in GDT 2 system to price games , with higher prices, lost fans, and being low prices, eager fans . Issues and also more consoles , no matter whether they are fictional , matter has more variety in the game .

1 Like

Good idea. That’d be cool if you could lower and raise the price to your liking, and that would effect how the game sells.

1 Like

Dzjengis Khan’s Exp Pack I belive.

Hello everyone,

Sorry for my english, but I’m french, so…

I dream about a sequel for GDT and I hope this game would be as simple as the first game.

But, I have a list of wishes.

• I think it’s not obvious in the firt game to do some games like “Super Mario Bros” or “Doom”. categories like “action” and “adventure” are not enough precis, and I would like categories as “FPS” or “Plateform” or “Shoot em up” for being more precis.

• It would be more fun if we could describe a little bit more the game we are doing. On the firt game, reactions are often unfair when we propose original ideas or unsuspected combinaison.

• I think GDT 2 should develop a little the system of selling. We could have graphics of sells, evolution of our precedent games.

• Interface with publics could be more fun and more important.

• We could have three time mode, one quick, normal and legendary with consoles as “Jaguar” or “Atari”. We could develop more games on each console.

• It will be awesome to play against other people on steam. The could compare our selling and the could influence thier results.

Thanks for the next game !

Frederik

My list of things that i want in GDT 2:

The graphic/keyboard stuff:

• It doesn’t have to be in 3D or in Unity, but if GHG wants that… Be my guest. But i think it’s more productive to work with 2D graphics, because GHG is still young :wink:
  • Time Warp, click on different buttons to change speeds. Or click with your mouse button on the “fast forward” button.
  • Use the numpads (The numbers on the right side of your keyboard) to activate different stuff (Like in train simulator).

Coding:

• I don’t care how the game is coded, but i hope the game has mod compatibility :smile:

Design:

• GDT-Style is good, doesn’t matter for me :sunny:
  • Some more Console’s and Genre’s
  • Better quality character’s
  • Shades (Don’t have to be good, just adds a nice effect to the game)

Mechanics:

• More in-depth hardware stuff
  • Write a description for your released game (It doesn’t affect the sells, but a description is cool to have :stuck_out_tongue: )
  • Some more customization of the rooms (Add Ventilation, T’V’s, PC’s etc.)
  • Make a cover for your game (Doesn’t affect sales, but this is also cool to have :stuck_out_tongue: )
  • Also hire Artist’s and stuff.
  • More than 6 employees
  • Different Gamemode’s
  • A intro when you startup the game

Thanks for reading :wink:

1 Like