Updates, game packs etc

I know GDT’s content updates were discontinued a long time ago, but wouldn’t it be nice for just one last update? I have some suggestions that would make the game much better!

• Game updates. I have always thought about this. Why can’t we update our games? Just a bit more effort to pleas our fans and make some research points. And even get more fans! Adding more content to games that you have created and boost the sales while the game is still on the market.

• DLC. The ability to develop downloadable content for games that I have already released would be really nice! Make DLC like weapon packs for shooters, or map packs for platformers, or even character packs.

• Piracy rate. In the beginning of a new game, you can select if you want some piracy in the game. Spice it up a little bit, you know. And add a research for DRM, to protect your games from piracy.

• Game Packs. Making a trilogy would be an awesome feature to add to the game. Let’s say for example, I made a game called ‘Scavengers’. I made sequels for it, then I felt like I’m done with this game series. Making a trilogy with an HD touch/remaster would be really cool.

• Categorizing game history. I don’t like how my games history is so messed up. What if I could categorize it? Tabs on the top of the menu with all the game categories.

*** UPDATE1 ***

• Game descriptions. I don’t feel like my games do well expressing themselves. Oh it would be one of the greatest features, adding a description to my own games. Then be able to see it in the games history, make some changes to it.
    That would also be helpful if anyone ever wanted to practice their own writing skills, since it’s hard sometimes to write a good description.

• Company website. Marketing is really expensive and creating a website could help with marketing. But of course, websites are not free and there are some payments, like first time payment, monthly or weekly payment.

• Multi-Topic games. There are lots of topics that can be well mixed together. Like “Post-Apocalyptic” and “Zombies”, or “Business” and “City”. But we cannot mix them since there is no such thing as Multi-Topic in the game.

These are the ideas I wanted to share with you guys. If Greenheart Games won’t update the game anymore, I understand. But if a modder ever reads this post, would you create an expansion pack containing all of this? That would be really appreciated :smiley:

1 Like

All these sound like great ideas. Who knows? Maybe I will make a mod for all this.

I am currently working on a different mod, but once I get a release out, I will take another look.

1 Like

That would be really nice of you! And the mod you are working on is the internet browser mod? I’m actually really excited about the mod you are working on :smiley:

Yup, I’m excited too. I’m hoping to get something out by February.

It sounds like a long time, but I really wanna feel comfortable about whatever I put out there. I really do not wanna be one of those people that hypes something up just to quit halfway through.

Yeah it’s better not to rush it.

Umm if you took the name “Game Packs”
Then would you be sooo kind and please make this feature.
10in1 Game Feature.
If you dont know what i mean here.

I’m not a programmer. I actually would like to know what language is used to make mods. I have ALWAYS wanted to mod games.

@Steven_Rochfort
GDT mods are made in JS for the most part, but HTML and CSS can be used alongside.

Are you serious? JS IS MY MAIN LANGUAGE! But I still didn’t finish the courses.

Yep, being serious :stuck_out_tongue:

So, how much experience in JavaScript do I need to create a mod? I learned JavaScript all the way to loops and then stopped. Do I need to know anything about loops?
EDIT
Well I know about them some stuff but forgot more than I know.

Nah, loop knowledge isn’t really required unless you want to do something involving loops.

Here, take a look at the official ModAPI

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

No problem, glad I could help :slight_smile:

Just one, last question. Is there any modding tool with an interface? A UI Interface.

Technically yes, but it hasn’t been updated in ages.

So for now, writing out code manually is your best bet.

Okay. Thanks again.

Again, no problem. Message me if you need any more help :slight_smile:

JS/jQuery (a lot of jQuery), but like @KizzaGaming said, HTML/CSS can be used as well.

1 Like

jQuery? So I also need to learn jQuery? Or can I make a mod with only Js?