Untitled 2D zombie survival game

Or check parameters

I hope that rain creation is in rain group :stuck_out_tongue:

infact, @iSenzo, i donā€™t think i need to do that, the rain is on a separate layer, so just have something that makes the layer invisible?

And the rain is in a group :stuck_out_tongue: , pretty much just ripped it straight out of the example

Also, this is what low health will look like

So with low health, everything gets a water-effect

1 Like

So you say you want to still spawn rain but make it invisible? Great optimizationā€¦
Better with turning on and off group and destroying them. You see spawning ~300 objects when theyā€™re invisible is stupid and takes CPU, GPU & RAM usageā€¦

What about blood on screen? or just changing screen color to red?

1 Like

@iSenzo only started working on it a couple of mins ago :stuck_out_tongue: , yeah, iā€™ll add a red tint

As for rain, Itā€™ll do for now, but will be changed to what you suggested

The bullets look so trippy!

Meant to be more a distortion, but yeah, it has a warp and water effect, the screen also seems like it is having earthquakes

Edit: Eeek, i hope thereā€™s a to turn off effect previewing

1 Like

Thinking of giving it a nice effect that makes it looks like (in reference to the lines and curve)

Edit: @iSenzo you wouldnā€™t know how to use shadow light properly would you?

1 Like
1 Like

@iSenzo I think iā€™ll pass on the shadows for now.

Anyway, know to work on falling bullets, blood particles and lovely swaying grass (and day/night cycle)

Edit:
too dark/purpley for night?

Also, the current iā€™m having trouble deciding how big the map to be. The current window size is 1920 x 1080, so itā€™s going to have to be MUCH larger than that, so any suggestions for buildings.

Also, feel free to suggest features, apart from zombies, a inventory(and looting system) and somer more graphic features such as shadows , i donā€™t have much to work on

Also, some oneā€™s making use of greenworks! (https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-steam-leaderboard-experimental-lobby-wip_t169653)

Put the color filters below the character, so then it doesnā€™t affect the look of the character, unlessā€¦ thatā€™s intentional?

Intentional @chizbejoe

1 Like

Can i also say this isnā€™t dead, my holidays ended :frowning: . but honestly, school is justā€¦ dull and i need something to do, so i may do some more work on it, but i dunno, for now just trying to find a decent font to make a decent UI with.

Also trying to think of a method to implement a ā€œmapā€ without spending forever designing oneā€¦ however, it is a last resort option.

I also need some ideas aside from graphical features/improvements which will contribute towards gameplay.

Also trying to find a artist who will create and animate some sprites for me, but iā€™m not expecting to find that here, would also be willing to pay a reasonably small fee (between 10 and Ā£60)

And yes, i realise i say also alot

Looking forward to it! Might it be similar to the Ghost Rain demo, by any chance? If so, you could always take a peek at the code if anything bothers you.

haha, @CrumpDev. the rain is pretty much straight out of the demo already

Nice, #resourceful lmao

@CrumpDev

The movement will stay how it is though, i donā€™t like constructā€™s 8 dir. movement, hence the way it is in the game.

INCOMING GROUNDBREAKING FEATURE COMING SOON - moving right, left and backwards

I donā€™t know if anyone has played COD Black-Opā€™s arcade zombie mode , but i want it to be a bit like that, but more open world and survivaly

ooh, innovative lol

1 Like