Ultimate Mod Editor alternative for Linux?

I have some great ideas for a mod, but it seems like UME only is for Windows/Mac, any alternatives out there?

Hey!

Even though its incomplete, GDT Enlightening (find it here) is made to work out of the box with Linux! The newest update just fixed some compatibility issues and it should work fine :slight_smile:

Is this 100% GUI? With no coding skill needed?

Yes :slight_smile: If you wait a couple minutes I will have it ready. Simply follow the tutorials on the Github page.

1 Like

But @DKWRECKER, it is still in alpha. I am working hard on it but its not super easy making a mod maker :stuck_out_tongue:

I saw that edit, from “hours” to “minutes” :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, yeah. I just needed to fix a bug I remembered for Linux! I do actually use Debian daily, but Windows followed with this PC so I didn’t really delete it.

I will update the repository in a second, and you simply need to go to the “dist” folder and download the jar. It does require Java 8, you can get it from this guide: (taken from http://www.webupd8.org/2012/09/install-oracle-java-8-in-ubuntu-via-ppa.html)

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-installer

I’m not entirely sure what to do if you use non-Debian system. Check with DuckDuckGo :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do have java, because i play Minecraft >:3

I remember seeing you take a screenshot of you using Linux mint tho

You will require a newer version of Java than Minecraft probably uses. See my edit :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, but for now only the topic function works. Events will be coming soon, but theres a LOT of code on it.

I am using Xubuntu 14.04 with KDE (wich is based off Ubuntu/Debian (you probally know that) :blush:) (ofc i cant post more today… awesome)

EDIT 1: I installed KDE on Xubuntu by myself,

EDIT 2: Is there a command to check what Java version i am using? @Stian

EDIT 3: I got this output:

java version "1.7.0_65"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.2) (7u65-2.5.2-3~14.04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)

does that mean im running java 7? @Stian

EDIT 4: Ive downloaded java 8 and running it, it looks great @Stian
EDIT 4.1: What is 0.6-1.0? i dont reaaaly get it

Allright, updated the repository with latest version. Please contact me for any buggy business.

Hey, did it work? @DKWRECKER

@Stian Please Dont double post Just edit

I didn’t want to edit when it has nothing to do with that other post. And your proffessional big letters doesn’t make it more proffessional :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: @DKWRECKER, you can write “java -version”

It’s also better when you don’t post on a topic from october 2014 unless the topic is something like an F.A.Q. or the topic is still going on…