TV Executive Tycoon - Under Development - Coming in 2016!

This quote.

“Whatever else we think of before our release date of November this year.”

Having new ideas mid development: cool.
Having new ideas somewhat late into development: OK, kinda pushing it.
Expecting to think of features on the fly three months before release, despite the fact that the game has a lot of work before it’d even pass for a prototype: nope.

You know, I’m gonna retract my comparison to EA. At least EA has the concept of time allocation. No, you’re more on the level of someone like Digital Homicide; that is, a small dev team that thinks it can churn out a game in a couple of months and have it be great.

At this point, I’ve lost faith in the project. Best of luck to ya.

1 Like

YOU JUST GOT OWNED! @gamedev13600

1 Like

I want to repost something Introversion Software posted on their facebook (makers of prison architect ) It isn’t 100% relevant but, I’ll just post the second paragraph and a bit of the third.

forget about the journos - they don’t make the difference any more. They get scores of requests for reviews every day - your crazy if you think they are going to just pick out your games. The action is mostly on youtube and even then you generally need to pay a lot to be on a big channel. If you can take the time to build a community of gamers and cultivate them, the press sites will follow. They write about games that have already got a bit of an audience, then their work builds on your audience and your player base builds. Point is, you need an audience to begin with. I can’t tell you how to find your audience, but there are a fuck ton of opportunities out there at the moment and only you can decide which of those to take.
3. Execute your new plan and if you aren’t building up 100s of players within the first few months (weeks really) - this idea has failed, it needs to go back in the bin and you start with 2 again.

Full post here

@Botahamec do you mind me asking how much you’ve done so far?

yo i made a mockup title screen in an hour. in ms paint.

3 Likes

That looks amazing for MS Paint!

Title screen, ads, show buying, show making, money, ratings, finishing shows and the pause menu. All in a month and a half

EDIT: There’s also fans, time and a film festival.

Do you have an idea of what the UI is gonna look like?

Right now, most of the information is in the top right corner and by opening the pause menu, you do actions such as making shows and buying ads.

So, something similar to GDT, then?

Something kind of like this? (Sorry for the blurry photo, it didn’t enlarge properly)

Not exactly.

Cool.

That just shows your unprofessionalism in rating art in your game.

3 Likes

I don’t quite understand what you’re saying.

What I mean is that he doesn’t really get how art should be made for his game due to him rating your ms paint drawing good (well I admit that it looks good for an MS Paint pixel art). I don’t believe they’re any good until they release screens.

OK, cool, thanks for the explanation. By the way, I’m not the artist for this game, I just made that to show that if their product can’t match up to an ms paint file made in an hour, they shouldn’t be charging for it. I should’ve said that earlier but it’s 2am and I’m not ask there atm, sorry.

Yeah I know.

Cool, I just wanted to have full disclosure on that front.

Don’t you use hard sophisticated english in front of me.

I sorry