TV Executive Tycoon Memorial Page

@peradev if you want to develop something, go for it. Just don’t hijack people’s posts with advertising

What’s up everything with @peradev?

Sorry for my earlier double post.

oh boi

Also remove TV Show Tycoon from your website please. Technically it’s not our new website its your new website.

You are not involved in this project. You’re not wanted here after all the things you’ve pulled. Disassociate yourself right now and remove any and all references to TV Executive Tycoon from the website immediately. This is not OK and for the first time ever, I’m genuinely angry at you. Clean up your act.

4 Likes

get rekt @peradev

Yeah :sunglasses:

Could someone explain the history of @peradev

Haha XD Get rekt @peradev

He was an honest man… And then he was kicked out of the team and he thinks hes still on it.

(Serously, i dont know his history :wink: I really want to know that too :smile: )

What did he do? I was just unearthed from the forums accidentally, and I want to know.

He originally handled the announcements for a game called TV Executive Tycoon, with @gamedev13600. They were called Games World Studios but the spelling varied so much that it could very well be Games Word Studios, as there was no consistency or confirmation either way. Under GWS, the game had a questionable future due to some pretty bad decisions on the part of @peradev and @gamedev13600, such as charging $2.99 after claiming it would be free, offering a pre-order for their first game ever, and generally making decisions that would, and did, anger the community. Also, they made promises and decisions without consulting the developer, such as announcing 3 engine swaps (from Game Maker to Stencyl to Unity 5) and promising 3D graphics several weeks, if not months into development. Also, despite all these changes, they expected to have a finished product by November. Additionally, they had no graphics for the game for quite a while (they might not have any now, in fact) and yet they still expected a pre-order (side note: the game was originally text-based.)

Due to this mess of a history, I contacted both @Botahamec (the developer) and @gamedev13600 (the one who came up with the original concept) to ask if they’d like to join mine, @WaveJones’s and @ShadowedDeath’s team, and if they’d like me to handle the announcements and answer any questions; basically @peradev’s job. They agreed after a little discussion, and then @peradev ceased to be involved in the project, due to there being no job for him to actually do.

But @peradev didn’t exactly understand this change of circumstance, or particularly care. He seemed adamant to involve himself in the project, or with GWS, despite @gamedev13600 owning the name, and having shut it down temporarily.

As you can see, he was determined to revive GWS, in all his broken English glory, with a new game he was proud to announce was “in developing”.

He also set up a lovely little website with a background stolen from some corner of the internet, and decided, in his infinite wisdom, to associate GWS and therefore himself, with TV Tycoon, despite being bugger all to do with the project. This annoyed me slightly.

As evidenced by this post.

By the way he still hasn’t removed the reference to TV Tycoon from the site. Not cool, man.

But is that the end of his ridiculousness? Of course not! Besides this grammatical gem right here

he also threatened to make his own to make his own TV Tycoon, despite that literally being the definition of plagiarism (the practice of taking someone else’s work or ideas and passing them off as one’s own) and would’ve been a crappy thing to do.

I suggest you read the original thread (TV Executive Tycoon - Under Development - Coming in 2016!) cause it’s a riot, and should explain the situation better than I ever could.

<3

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. I wonder how this story will end.
Could I call you Amethyst? :smiley: .

So, as far as I am concerned, I think @peradev wants money, just most of the real ‘Indie companies’. Are you sure every part of the team knows each other well?

One last bit I haven’t quite understood: Is this something like the next game of Greenheart Games, or is this a separate team? I’m confused since this was published by @PatrickKlug

Yeah, if you wanted.

We’ve come to know each other over the course several 1am skype conversations, so it’s all good; besides peradev, obviously.

Nah, we’re not related to GHG, Patrick made a new thread once the new team launched cause the original thread was becoming a worse mess than the zelda timeline.

1 Like

Thanks for that. It seems you have evicted peradev obviously. I’d be interested in this game. If i dig through this discussion I might find a demo, as I think @Haxor posted something.

You would find a demo eventually, however the game is still in development therefore the demo isn’t representative of its current state, and is quite outdated. Many features are either missing or broken, but it does give a vague idea of the kind of game we’re aiming for. I recommend you wait for a while until we release a more updated demo, but feel free to download the current version! It should run on essentially any hardware, so you’re OK in that department. Also, any bugs found are likely known due to it being out for a while, however if you’d like, you can private message either me or @Botahamec with the details. Thanks for showing such interest in this project, and we hope you enjoy it upon release!

EDIT: Also yes, we’ve evicted @peradev, and are not enthusiastic to work with him in future due to his unprofessional nature and lack of skills required by our team.

Um, is the game going to look like in the old thread?
https://forum.greenheartgames.com/uploads/default/optimized/2X/b/ba01827744aded76a178c43b531a1cce6d27c3c7_1_552x500.png

I’m reading the old thread but, please tell me that there’s far more potential.

No, not even slightly. The demo is somewhat more representative, graphically speaking, however it still isn’t final.

I understand, and I don’t want to rush anyone, take your time. I’ll check the demo sometime later and report back. Until then, my support is neutral. I just can’t believe the ting in the previous thing actually happened.

and don’t see me as a serious critic

because…
I am not

The previous thread is a hot mess, as was development. We’re on track now and things are going great - we should have a new demo available in the near future.

1 Like

No worries! I could wait for an updated demo then I guess.