[TUT] Installing mods on the most recent version

already done this, but the mod not show up in game. when i select mods from setting. only show Game dev MOd tycoon v 0.1.1. no other mod, i already copy expansion pack mod tough.

nevermind, fixed. i put master folder before. should put the content

Make sure to go the official list and use the updated ones ok?

ok

but i accidentely deleted my modding api how do i get it back? D:

Where the hell is my steam folder? ps im on a mac

Sorry I don’t know, i’m on windows.

@XINTAXS

Where is the mod folder on a Mac?

Go to your Game Dev Tycoon folder. You can find it by going to
Library>Application Support>Steam>SteamApps>common>GameDevTycoon In
the folder there should be the Game Dev Tycoon icon. Right click on
it and press “Show Package Contents”. Go into the “Contents” folder.
Go into the “Resources” folder. Go into the “app.nw” folder.
Many thanks to @theretron1 for his tutorial here; [TUT] Where To Find The Mod Folder (Mac Users)

@aussiestuff
You can download the API here

How do i check if im running beta if i downloaded through the website. im not using steam ( to my knowledge)

Go to the game and click right click. Go to the Betas section and see if there is the ‘Beta - beta’ selected.

Note: The official version is already pushed.

What about non-steam GDT?

i don’t know where the steam folder is can someone tell me p.s i am on pc windows 7

That’s quite easy.

The default should be:
C:\Program Files\Steam

unless you changed that.

my mods are red? What can i do about this

Make sure u have ultimate lib

I’m having a problem with some mods. The game will show API v0.1.1, UltimateLib v1.3.3 and the Camelot Expansion v0.2.5.2b. But it doesn’t show the others I have put in the folder, Cheat Mod, Infostats mod, Expansion Pack and Tweak mod.

Have I done something wrong? Is there a limit to how many mods you can put on the game? If it helps I am using the Steam version of the game.

Is it the master folder? If it is there is another folder in there.

I put all the mods I downloaded and unzipped into the Mod folder in the Main Game Dev Tycoon folder in SteamApps. (C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Dev Tycoon\mods).

What is the other folder I have to open?

For example does the folder say CheatMod-master if it does there is another folder in there.

See the folder called CheatMod in the CheatMod-master folder that is what should be in the mods folder. If you still can not fix the issue I will send you the download without the master folder.

Thanks that fixed the CheatMod one :D. Now I just have to get the others to work.

Do the other ones work in the same way? Infostats mod, Expansion Pack and Tweak mod are the others left.

Edit: Yes it does turn out that is how it turned out. The mods work now. Thanks again for the help, really appreciated.

Since a lot of the earlier info in this post is outdated I will close this topic.