[TUT] I Don't Have A Mod Folder

I have done all the steps for adding mods but there is one problem. I didn’t have a mod folder. I know my game is up to date as I uninstalled the game entirely and re-installed it. The mod folder just will not pop up. I have tried making my own and it still doesn’t see the folder. I really need help.

UPDATE: After messing around in the package contents of the game I have finally found the mods folder and the mods work. Thanks for all the help to anyone who did help (not just people on this topic have helped me).

DEAR MAC USERS: Go to this link if you are having trouble finding the mod folder: [TUT] Where To Find The Mod Folder (Mac Users)

did you get the beta on steam?

Yes, I’ve followed all the steps.

Which OS are you using?

Mac OSX

Could you tell me how you found the mods folder please?

I’m using Mac OSX 10.9 and have followed the instructions but still cannot find the mods folder where it should be

Same problem, using Mac OSX 10.7.5 and not able to see a mod folder within the GDT steam folder… I also turned on the Beta.
Any suggestions?

I think this is a bug with Mac then because this doesn’t appear to be with Windows.

EDIT: 500th post!

Are there any Mac users at all that are able to use mods?

When I put the game into the beta version I didn’t have a mod folder either I just made one though, and it worked normally.

i tried making a folder but then when I start the game up and click on mods in the pause menu there’s nothing there except the mod weblink

Hm very weird. You’re 100% sure its in beta mode on steam?

yeah i follow the instructions, right click on gamedev in my steam library and set to ‘beta - beta’ then close down steam and find the gamedev folder and there’s no mods folder :confused:

I have the exact same problem, even when I make an own ‘mods’ folder, it still doesn’t work… :frowning:

I can’t get it working on iMac either. Can you tell me how you did it?

Go to this link: [TUT] Where To Find The Mod Folder (Mac Users) I explain it all there.

1 Like

Go to this link: [TUT] Where To Find The Mod Folder (Mac Users) I explain step-by-step there.

1 Like

Thank you very much.

Thanks for helping @theretron1 :cake:

No problem. I am glad to help.

1 Like