Things you would like to see in Game Dev Tycoon?

I think there should be more feedback about the games.
when i get ratings of 1 or 2 for a game that cost millions i would like to know what was wrong with them. it feels too random. but maybe it is.

and i always expected to get multiplatform releases in the research tree

and the game misses some more depth towards the end. some features like re-releasing games that are off market in comilation boxes or something.

but i have to say the game was worth the 7€. But i would have liked it more with more foucs on simulation than casual gameplay.

This game is great the way it is. Maybe some bugfixes. Sure there could be some shaping however as obviously there are some fans out there, I am sure at the reasonable prcing you found so far there´s no need to give away every upgrade totally foc.

Giving some minor improvements to the community that do not cause to much programming effort is a nice way to keep the enthusiasm going. However if I read the comments in this Forum I assume there´s definitely some demand for an expansion pack.

Anyhow I just wanted to point out that I love this game the way it is and that I am looking forward to a possible expansion pack and that it would be worth some money in my opinion.

Only one comment I do not find the MMOs to be too easy maybe the start investment is a little bit too low, but in my opinion it is a realistic fact that they are a diamond mine if they are successful. The problem is more that you do not know what to do with all the money once it comes in as the game is usually close to year 30 then so developing some visions for the future of the gaming industry might be nice for an expansion.

Also seeing a little bit more precise where competition is would improve the atmosphere of the game in my opinion. More interaction there could be nice. Fight on the one hand, but maybe also cooperation like developing an engine together or pruchase and selling research by occasion.

And personally I´d like to influence the sales and marketing side a little more, especially the price to market topic and also the option of a relaunch or package.

Another thing that would improve the atmosphere and put a little bit of more realisim into the game is that the founder obviously never sleeps or eats. At least he/she never needs vacation. The growing overhead for staff and company management could also influence the ressource avaialbility of either the founder or some secretary or a developer. Setting up and running a company website brings the community together but it costs ressource.

So these are my ideas at the moment. Anyway great game congratulations! Especially your piracy fight seems to have resulted in a big hype. At least I found the game that way… I hope that it will become a huge success and we see more from grennheartgames in the future.

Multi-platform Games would be nice, so you are being able to port or to develop the same game for multiple similar platforms at the same time.

Make platforms more different: At the moment, every platform seems to be technically the same. You can develop games with joystick support and the highest 3D graphics version for platforms, that shouldn’t support such games, like the “iPhone” or the “DS”

So for example the Gameling should only support like 2D V2 at maximum and Gamepad support should also be an obligation for consoles, while mouse support needs to become necessary for PC.

In my first two playthroughs I never even developed mouse support, because I never bothered to research joystick support, but I still was able to develop like 9.75 strategy games for PC.

1 Like

Yeah, a relatively early research topic for multi-platform releasing would be good. I remember the days when big new games were coming out on 5 or 6 platforms, often near-simultaneously, and nowadays that’s part of the point of having engines.

1 Like

Couple of suggestions

1. Longer names for games, can’t properly name my sequels :smile:

2. Ability to research sequels earlier by the time i had that research i already had 4 games in a series but they weren’t recognized as sequels

3. For the training, maybe tell us which points it has a chance to raise?

4. Puzzle genre, was surprised to see it not make it

5. Ability to name new hires, i’d love to have my friends work with me in the company.

1 Like

a little more organization in the topics
like sub topics
ex:
-horror: vampire, werewolves, aliens

-sci-fi: aliens, time travel, space

or a combination of topics like genre combination

another thing i really miss: competition.
the whole game feels like you are the only game developer on earth.

would be nice to see what games other companies are releasing. and it should have impact on your own sales.

for example, it would be a bad idea to develop an military/RTS when the company Eastwood has announced there newest Obey&Conquer game…

I would like to see charts. This is a tycoon game, and I think that should mean chartschartschartsomgchartssomanychartschartscharts,

Possible data you could show woould be things like:

• Sales figures of platforms

How popular are platforms right now, and who is buying the platform in particular?

• Trend analysis
    What is trending? (This could even be in the form of a pseudo twitter feed or something) - in this regard, I refer to specific genres and/or combinations. You could even include it as something that has to be researched, with the company’s combined research score affecting the accuracy of the data.

• Competitior info(?)
    I realise we don’t have de-facto competition, but a graph like this could at least obsfucate that a little - give us a big bad corp to work against (I’m looking at YOU Electronic Mass Media)

In other areas I could suggest the following:

• Pop up tips or an encyclopedia to explain different training choices - to give some idea of the type of training

-A page that shows our design abilities - the levels of our various design groups (i.e Engine Level 5) - this would encourage development of weaker areas via training, and allow us to build to our strengths.

-More precise cash counter - I’m clearly obsessed with cents, ok? :blush:

2 Likes

I think an endless mode where you see how long you can keep your company up is a good idea

I’d love to see an option to turn off the music. I mean, one that actually works. (The option that presently exists turns the music off for about a minute, then the music starts up again and the option under Settings switches itself back to “on”.)

They released a patch for that today, please read the stickies and update your game.

Sequel:
Back to default: That when you’re gonna develope a new sequel. The settings from your prev game go back to your sequel, so you can change it based on reviews.

Kickstarter: Some sort of kickstarter where u start a project. People start supporting you etc.

1 Like

Less penalisation for Same releqas types, it feels kinda silly that 15 years after the 80s I still have to sodten the amrket up by releaisng compleatly differing game types because if I dare to make 2 Fantasy RPGs in a row I get my OverallS core hacked in half. You don’t see Bethesda score 3-4s on Skyrim because the last game they did was also a Fantasy RPG.

Maybe add the possibility to trash a game after the reviews?

1 Like

Some Suggestions I have

Multiplayer- Compete with your friends/enemies,or work with them.

Pricing- Price your games.

Games profit forever- Games will still make you money,just not making alot, and stops when consoles get outdated.

Diplomacy- Compete,buy,and partner up with other companies.

Genre Suggestion- Put in Puzzle as a genre.

More Consoles- Put in more consoles.

Research Suggestions- Make Sequels allowed at the beggining,and put in Compact CD’s as a Research thing. or have it as a story element like "Recently Companies are putting in Compact CD’s, allowing for more space in games.

This is going to be hard.

Having like most heard about this game with there master plan of releasing it on torrents and in the same breath have players punished for exactly what they did. Was a simple stroke of genius, which I’m sure has resulted in an increase of sold copies for this game. Have played the Demo and having done respectable, and wanting the full experience. Over the weekend I added to the hype and sent you money (let’s be blatant about it) for my own copy.

However after watching Let’s Play’s I have come to the same conclusion most people here noted, some might be nitpicking but most of them are spot on. Like having played Tycoon games before and not having restrictions like a set timeline (Linear game, but with no Branching options). Being able to make sequels from the start. And so on,

I would just really like to say especially after surprisingly reading that the game was done, and any suggestion would be looked at for possibly a sequel. It is then not even confirmed, no green light for a modding community. For 7€ the most addictive game for real gamers couldn’t really be more than a couple of play throughs, before you have achieved all that is to achieve in the set story and the game frankly has to be ended. As I have found out thanks to the linear storyline. And of course playing thew the complete game as I Am Legend.

This possibly could have been a full fledged Tycoon game one to bridge the gap between game developer, and consumer. And have us experience the same hardships as GHG must go through in making these games.

But also after reading the post about piracy and the importance of buying the game so that we can continue to have well made games without the need for having millions of friends, or a ready and waiting wallet to buy the perks or play to win.

I really have to say with all the small nitpicks I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing this as a tease, but an update more money would also be acceptable. But this version for hopefully real gamers falls way to much short for the true inventive way a Video Game Tycoon game could have been played. And before this one, I had never found one probably because my phone is still mainly a phone, and only a pc for me is the way to go. Guess what my games were in the Demo.

But with my money in hand I hope you recieve more fans, give something back to rack up the hype, and come back strong for the (update) sequel.

Pfff okay got that off my chest, now I’ll go wait for my email with my copy.

What!? even with all the short comings. It still looks like a lot of fun. And you gotta say the hyping was just perfect ;).

1. Do something with the time please. The weeks/months/years pass SO FAST…

2. Make the algorithms of the game more realistic and harder to analyse. I recently was releasing poorly games for the gameboy in the playstation era and was making literally millions just because i was fast. This is not realistic!

1st things 1st.This is a great game. I am loving it. just 1 little thing that I would like you guys to add:

If you click on the research button, and you choose a research but you cannot do that research as you have to little research points, please make the game make a sound. I often think my mouse is broken because the button wont work but I actually do not have enough points.

Thanks

-Additional character models
Very quickly use up the available models with repeated playthroughs/hiring staff.

-Customizable backdrops
This could simply be a colour picker, or a collection of objects that may be placed in the world screen.

-Additional locations,
Bedroom could precede garage. Small office could go after garage etc.

-Developer tools (Research branch)
From visual environments to 3D studios and everything in between,

-Languages
Diagram at Rigaux serves as a good point for a tech tree with the names thematically changed.

-More early platforms
Ideally, a successful game helps the platform it was developed for, which leads into the next point.

-Early game randomizations
Repeated play throughs mean the messages/news becomes stale fast and needs randomizing to stay fresh. Game changes dynamically based on the success or failure of games released per platform.

-Simulated opponents
Get notifications of how well they’re doing and what they’re releasing. Builds to an eventual multiplayer potential.

-Market research
Replaces the “Strong audience demand for…” by showing dynamic charts. Research is tiered to provide more precise info for more money.

-Partnership deals.
Put a successful game out, and Vonny for instance, may offer a partnership deal for x months or years where you can only put games of the same category (ie RPG) on their platforms. Reward: they share their technical details with you meaning your engines can be optimized, saving you tech time (ie multiplier for tech points generated of 1.2 if partnership deal exists).

-Persistent game history/net charts
Being able to track back and see what factors have worked well and what haven’t from all the games played - not just the current one. Expanded idea: internet DB of top 10 games per combo (for instance) and creator (voluntary submission).

-New stat. Best run at No.1
Include a stat to show which game stayed at No. 1 the longest.

Hey all!

Just purchased the game last night and have been having some fun with it. I like the personal touches, especially when the thank you note from the devs came up and explained that I was playing their first game. It really helped to build a good atmosphere/experience.

However, a couple of things have been bugging me and they are well said in the quote above. I feel that the rating/success chances are too defined and at times possibly even rigged. (Does anyone else always make a massive hit on their 10th game?)

A more dynamic rating & success system with more personality and/or chance would add a lot of enjoyment to my experience of the game.

That being said, please keep in mind that I’m saying this because I enjoy the game and am trying to give helpful feedback. Good luck with your career, Green Heart games!