The Unofficial Official GHG Forum Game Awards of 2015

What are some of the greatest games to be released this year? Indie, Triple A, Action RPG, Adventure, Bullet Hell, anything!

Meanwhile, these are my personal top 5.

Honourable Mentions (These aren’t on the list either because they’re not as great, or that I’ve not played them as of yet.)
Rocket League, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Ultra Despair Girls, Life is Strange, Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, 大逆転裁判 -成歩堂龍ノ介の冒險- (good luck pronouncing that), Just Cause 3, Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Fallout 4.

Oh. And Undertale.

Still don’t get what all the fuss is about. /s

Number 5
Until Dawn
For me, Until Dawn caught some of the best aspects of psychological horror in games. It manages to make a compelling enough story in a horror game, unlike some horror games nowadays. One other thing it also does right is being a David Cage game done right.
8.5/10

Number 4
Bloodborne
Bloodborne won’t go easy on you, as with its spiritual predecessors. It is unforgiving and requires all your will and patience. You will die. You will die a lot. And when you eventually do beat it, it will probably be the most rewarding thing you’ll experience in a while, and not a lot of games do that nowadays.
8.75/10

Number 3
Cities Skylines
Ha, weren’t expecting this, were you? Although underpowered compared to its challengers, Cities Skylines manages to return to the ideals of what made city builder games so great. Not pointing any fingers (but an occasional hyperlink or two) but they have been lacking these past years.
9/10

Number 2
Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate
The Assassin’s Creed series is one of the best IPs Ubisoft’s ever gotten its money-grubbing hands on. Bringing its setting from the laughably glitchy French Revolution-Paris to the dark and gritty era of the Victorian Age in London. It’s probably the second best AC game in my list, topping off ACIV:BF.
9.25/10

And finally what we all have been waiting for…

Number 1
The Order 1886
Ha. you wish.

Gotcha.

> discount troll face

Nnnnnumber 1
Undertale
Undertale… where do I begin? Not only has it topped off any and all triple A competitors, it also has brought itself up onto my top 10 video games of all time. It has a compelling plot, a rich soundtrack, and suspiciously simplistic graphics. It makes me question morality in gaming, somehow, within a filesize no larger than 1 GB Disclaimer: I forgot.. It’s great. Buy it!!!
9.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999/10

What are your choices?

I’ll add some more stuff later.

大逆転裁判 -成歩堂龍ノ介の冒險 was released?

Yeah…?

well Japan Capcom can go to bullet hell for not releasing an English translation

Dude. Ace Attorney games take like 2 years to get a translation. Hell Investigations 2 never got localised.

I agree with number 2 and 5. If there was a number 6, number 6 should’ve been Rocket League

i have no idea but recent games that I enjoyed the most this year are:
Sunrider Academy, Windows 10, Google Chrome 42.0, Cities: Skylines
I’d also say Prison Architect but tbh I didn’t play it that much, I was too lazy.

yeah, I don’t have much games released this year on Steam, but I just gotta say about Empire TV Tycoon, Software Inc., Mad Games Tycoon (all early acces)

:expressionless:

OK, I disagree that AC: Syndicate is better than Witcher 3, and compared to Fallout 4 it can die in a great big industrial fire for all I care. However, you’re also forgetting MGS V - The Phantom Pain (which, Konami aside, is a great game), Xenoblade Chronicles on the 3DS, the PC version of GTA V, Downwell and many others.

Mate, these are his choices and opinions so I see no point in arguing.

He PM’d me asking to “join the debate” so

was it a wild wave or a normal wave?

May I ask you to read the headnote:

And I just think that MGSV isn’t all that great.

Why don’t we make an official GHG Forum Game Awards?

What’s the best game of the year?

• Rocket League
  • Undertale
  • Bloodborne
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Ultra Despair Girls
  • Life is Strange
  • Splatoon
  • Super Mario Maker
  • 大逆転裁判 -成歩堂龍ノ介の冒險-
  • Just Cause 3
  • The Witcher 3
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Fallout 4
  • Until Dawn
  • Cities Skylines
  • Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate
  • The Order 1886

0 voters

Good luck with voting

I should probably play Undertale to get whats going. I should probably try undertale3D

I don’t care about spoilers, spoil Undertale as much as you want.

unless people don't like what you're doing, don't do it then.

Hm.

Unofficial? Check.
GHG Forum? Check.
Awards? Check.

11/10 totally a blatant rip off of my awards that weren’t related to video games

Damnit appleG, this is why you keep track of threads!

this is one of the best games of the year if not the best