The Ultimate Puzzle!

I have some very exciting news! I’ll properly announce it when you solve this puzzle:

2 + 5 + 6 = 1
8 + 2 + 7 = 2
3 + 1 + 5 = 0
9 + 2 + 6 = 2
8 + 0 + 1 = ?

What is the last answer? It’s a very simple puzzle, and I’ll give you one hint; it’s easier for children than for adults. Why is that? You will need to explain how you got it.

I am so excited. This is my christmas present to the GDT community. It’s not anything I’ve done before, like a mod maker. But I think this will spark the fire for GDT again once its announced!

NOTE: If its solved too quickly, I won’t announce it right away. I also wont comment on any wrong attempts.

1 Like

2 + 5 + 6 = 1
8 + 2 + 7 = 2
3 + 1 + 5 = 0
9 + 2 + 6 = 2
8 + 0 + 1 = 0

The last one (8 + 0 + 1 = 0) is 0 because the outcoming value is 9, the third one (3 + 1 + 5 = 0) has a outcoming value of 9 and is also 0. the second and the fourth one are 17, and the first one is 13.

Did I do it? :wink:

well dam, what is the point of solving it now

If you solve it, I’ll reveal it as soon as a prototype is ready. You don’t know when “too quickly” is :wink:

He clearly is right because you said you’d tell if anyone made any “wrong attempts,” and you didn’t make the “if anyone solves it too quickly” edit until after he answered. So, yeah, @Lukas_Schuurman be right. :wink:

^^

Oh, I thought you said you would "comment on any wrong attempts. Regardless, @Lukas_Schuurman is right. If not, the answer is 5! (random guess :stuck_out_tongue:)

He isn’t.

Every row is added, then divided by 3. The result is the remainder.
2 + 5 + 6 = 13 / 3 = 4 remainder 1
8 + 2 + 7 = 17 / 3 = 5 remainder 2
3 + 1 + 5 = 9 / 3 = 3 remainder 0
9 + 2 + 6 = 17 / 3 = 5 remainder 2
8 + 0 + 1 = 9 / 3 = 3 remainder 0 (my answer)

Are you Stian AGAIN?

Use the hint.

It’s easier for children than for adults.

I’m 12 but I already have a mustache (A real one, like this: :hamburger: or this: :point_right::point_left:) and I also have sidebuns (real ones, like this: :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree: or this: :busts_in_silhouette:), and I drink coffee. I’m a child but I behave like an adult. Not on the forums though.

it’s clearly 69, I don’t see any puzzling here.

The answer is 2 or 3 depending on how you count it.

Why is that? I can see you’ve already got it, but I need an explanation.

I really am excited over this: nanonical.com/jump

I won’t discontinue this, and it’s actually coming along pretty nicely! It’s christmas break now, so I get to work tons on it! The big announcement topic/site will come when I have an actual usable prototype ready, it’s in bits and pieces at the moment. Please save the negativity.

Count the circles

1 Like

It’s weird how humans try to find complicated explanations, while overlooking the simple ones.

Well, you can see the announcement on nanonical.com/jump. As in the post over, please spare me for negativity.

It depends on people’s opinions. Some people think one thing is harder than the other, while other people think different. We are not overlooking the simple ones, or finding complicated explanations; We are just going our own way.

Holy crap! I am only just now realizing this is THE @Stian! Welcome back! :grinning:

But why is it N_Stian? Looks like Nerd_Stian :smiley_cat: No offense @N_Stian.