Testing the weighting system

I’m currently working on a mod that will make use of the weighting system, but I will also need a way to test that it’s working.

So basically, it’s a mod that is similar to the already implemented Multi Genre item, but instead of genres, this mod makes you able to use multiple topics. What I need is a way to test that the weighting system is working as it should; that is, a way to check that the combinations actually are working as they are supposed to.

How would you generally prove that the weighting system works?

Not sure what do you mean…

You will have to provide more information, if you want any helpful input.

How does your rewritten system work? What have you tried?

Worth to note: I have an idea on how to rewrite the system itself, but not how to prove that it is actually working as it should.

Edited the thread to hopefully clarify what it is I need help with.

We are not mind-readers. What you are saying is this:

I have an idea to re-write this complex system. Will it work?

How should we know if you don’t tell us what, exactly, your idea is?

The idea is that with the topic combination, these will together generate a score that in turn is used to calculate the score of the genre combination.

So basically, I make an array of weightings for each topic, and these weightings will be used to calculate a score which is used to calculate the final score based on the genre combination. That final score is what will determine your review score.

I’m sorry if it’s still not clear what I’m trying to achieve. I’m not the best at turning my ideas and thoughts into text :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

this describes pretty closely how the current system already works.

It is pretty close actually. However, I’m mixing in the topic combinations as well. And what I want is basically a proof of it working as it should (dialog showing the output values or something).

I’ll see what I can do myself, but I’ll leave this post here. Maybe someone can shed light on the subject from another angle.

I don’t know if you are aware of this but the game already allows topics to play a bigger role in the scoring. Here is a modding wiki explaining how this works:

Ah I see. I’m talking about topics of the game, and not the development partitioning.

So let’s say I pick Airplanes, and Zombies; that would be a 0.6 (terrible) combination.

As I understand it, this is only for the genre weightings, and their importance in the development partitioning. Am I wrong?

Ah sorry I’ve been overlooking a part of that wiki. I’ll see if missionOverrides can help me do what I need.