Suggestions for an upcoming DLC or Patch!

@Charlie @PatrickKlug
Hi everyone.

Game Dev Tycoon is a really nice game and i enjoy every single minute of it, but i have some suggestions that may have improved the game more.

First of all i wish that i could be more Tags like:
Hack`n Slash
Indie
Platform games
FPS

FPS, Platform and Indie is the most important tags because many games today use this forms of gaming. Specialy Indie.

Camera:
Im really wondering why this isnt added before because camera is the one of the most important basics in the game. What i wanted to see here is 1st person, 2nd person and 3rd person. For some type of games this is very important. For example in a shooter game or an RPG.

Consoles:
Here we have a lot of things that could have been done. First of all it would have been pretty nice if consoles like 3DS and PSVITA had been added to the story, and a next gen Wii would also been pretty nice. Since a next gen Xbox and a next gen Playstation have been added
, so why not the next gen Wii?

Another improvement what could have been done is for example Console reviews. Cause when we develop a game we can get detailed information about its status after we have developed it. For example: Reviews and game reports. But when we develop a console we just get a little information about how good it was and how many units it probably will sell. Why not add reviews and reports for consoles too? That would have been very nice.

The last thing that would have been great is a Mod Lab.
When you develop a game you can create mods for it and also with the earlier games you made just to get a little higher units on the charts list.

Difficulty level:
Rate the difficulty on your game in development stage 3.

Complete list here:

Hack`n Slash (topic genre)
Console specs/ Review
Indie (topic/genre)
FPS (topic)
1st Person
2nd Person
3rd Person
Platform games
More consoles
3DS
PSVITA
Next Gen Wuu (Wii 3)
Mod Lab
survival topic / genre
Crime (topic)
Multi topic ( possibility to choose two different topics)
Difficulty level (Rate the difficulty on your game in development stage 3)
Realistic (Topic)
Economy (Topic)
TrackIR (Topic)
Management (Topic)
Sandbox (Topic)
Martial Arts (Topic)
Painting (Topic)
Dark Fantasy (Topic)
Action RPG (Genre)
PvP (Engine)
Dark (Topic)
Parkour (Topic)
Split Screen (Engine)
Arcade (Genre)
Turn Based Strategy (Genre or engine)
Stealth (Topic)
Assasin (Topic)
JRPG (Genre)

If you like the suggestions please write “Like” or SIGNED!
If you want to discuss or maybe want to have something added in the list please write that too.
Mayby we can get a big list with improvements :wink:

And lastly i hope Greenheart Studios will take their time to answer and evaluate these suggestions.

Have a good day!!

Authors:
Mester Tukter
Thomas Solberg

3 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your ideas :smile:

1 Like

those are all really good ideas

1 Like

Most of this is added with mods.

1 Like

doesn’t hurt to be added in a patch

1 Like

I agree to 90% of it.

LIKED & SIGNED.

2 Likes

DLC would just be greedy, though.

not sure about that… its a new way to support the developers

also even if it would come in a DLC you never know if it would be free or not

DLC mostly is paid, and it’s what was meant by the OP. And really… why would you buy DLC with things that are already includes with mods? That’s basically a modpack instead it costs money (which even violates their mod rules ;-)). I don’t really see any more reason to support them anymore at this stage. Much things are said, no real announcements. They’re just letting the community die down right now, and you know it’s happening.

I disagree about no reason to support them i mean to develop a game the company needs to be supported no money no new games unless they are greedy pigs like EA then deff noreason to support the blokes

Game Dev Tycoon was released December 10th, 2012. The only thing we know right now is that their next game will have a darker tone. I don’t see any reason to support them currently, 2 years later and lots of money further and still no one gave us any insight in the new game Surely an indie developer would love to give as much insight as they can and would love to keep their community, but since that doesn’t seem to be the case here; why support for now? You can support them when they come out with a new game, if they ever do. :wink:

1 Like

True, good statement sir

Don’t know if this belongs here but … i think it would be nice for a patch or Mod to let you see how consols, topics and genres affect each other and what stage of development is importent … Like a list with all you researched Genres (for example RPG : Consols-> Pc ++ topics-> Dungeon +++, Fantasy +++ Development-> Quest/story +++, Engine --.

Perhaps a Split-Topic?

For Example:

law/alternate history would be called ‘Shurluck Homes’