Steam Workshop now in private beta

While I don’t want to exclude the possibility of a content update, we think that working on our next games serves our players better in the long term than spending our time doing content updates for GDT. With the Steam Workshop support modders will get so much more exposure that it will hopefully result in some content-heavy mods being published.

4 Likes

Yeah I understand, since I’m a modder myself. Since you impressed me with your first game, I’m definitely going to buy your second.

I moved 2 posts to a new topic: Will your next games support modding?

1 Like

Will UME mods be compatible with this, and how would we upload mods?

If you get access to the workshop beta, as you see above. Possibly UME mods are able to run.

1 Like

Yes and no. At the moment UME generates mods which are not compatible but with a bit of coding knowledge, you could make the required changes to upload UME mods.

I’m sure though that @alphabit plans to update UME to generate Workshop compatible mods.

2 Likes

okay, thanks. could you tell me which changes I need to make and where they are located, I do not know how to do JS stuff.

in this case it’s probably easier to wait for @alphabit to update UME.

1 Like

Or you can PM me, if you are out of luck, I’ll do the coding stuff.

1 Like

@PatrickKlug should a new forum category named ‘workshop’ be created ? Like modding, or game-dev-tycoon for example.

2 Likes

I’m not in my country (so no computer) and I want to make a mod for the workshop

The only thing I can do now is wish to return without thinking about this too much (otherwise the time will be like 1 hour = 3 hours).

Anyway… awsome!

1 Like

Good luck on that. Think about penguins.

2 Likes

Do you know when it will be out of private beta?

Greenheart games, have a cookie: :cookie:.

2 Likes

PM Charlie, if you want to access it

Rumours say that alphabit will update UME very soon to support publishing and updating mods directly from the editor :wink:

5 Likes

Oh. Cool. I need time to understand this. Waaaait. @alphabit, good work!

I got another heart attack
Thank goodness someone revived me

:0 :0 YES! :smiley:

Private Beta has been updated to v1.5.2 10. Aug. 2014

Unofficial changelog:

• New: After successfull publish / update the Steam workshop overlay window opens pointing to the workshop item
  • New: Disclaimer and link to Steam legal agreement
  • Fixed: Problems in conjunction with unsubscribing enabled mods has been fixed.
  • Fixed: max text length in title and description fields for workshop items
  • Fixed: Several minor UI related glitches

The update should be installed automatically, if not, restart your Steam client.

4 Likes