Save Game Editor

Don’t know how to PM things here. Should I send it to an email address?

If you click on my name you can choose “Private Message” and send it through there. Or shoot an email to smashed.187@gmail.com

Regards,

HeWhoWas

New version. Changes:

• Reporting of errors automatically. This will hopefully let me gather more information in regards to errors people are receiving. The report consists of your gdtedit.log file and any text you write in the message field. The report is entirely optional and you can choose “No” when prompted.
  • Show hidden files when selecting using “Open Database”

Download link in OP updated.

i dont have any, i only have my current one, but all i know, is that once i give myself tons of money, ill get to move out of the garage into the new office, but i cant give myself the staff managment training, so im unable to hire anyone

here, i made some quick screenshots:

as you can see, the required training doesnt show up

I have no idea how to add a logfile. as for the editor. whenever I change the money (main reason why i use editor) it seems the fans are changing as well. example: I change the money to like 100k, my fans are changing to 100k as well and whenever i start up the game, it crashes.

I am playing on a Macbook

Start new game.
Create a game.
Save.
Exit.
Edit your money.
Start game
Load your saved game
move to next level.

I got the same problem as logoster and darkedone02, no staff training after I use the editor. :o

This is likely a glitch caused by editing the save. Your best option would be to hold off on cheating until after this stage. It’s not really that hard to succeed through normal play. Simply think how well real-world games have done (like Pokemon - a Young Fantasy/RPG for the Gameling).

I’m looking into these issues today. If there are any Java devs looking for a project, I’ve had a chat with the GDT devs and they’re alright with save game editors so this won’t be shut down, get in touch with me the myriad of ways that are available.

Staff training is my priority at the moment.

Also my main character seems to be drawing a salary now that’s going up with every level he gets. o.O

Every time I use the editor, no matter the progress I’ve made in game and saved before using the editor, the game reverts to a new game using the stats I put into the save game editor.

Guys, please, if you do not provide me with a log file, I will be unable to resolve any problems you are facing. You can find the logfile in the same location as GDTEdit.jar. It will be called gdtedit.log. You can either go to the bug tracker linked in the original post, or email me. Again, that’s in the original post.

The newest version will give you the option of sending an automated report to me that attaches the save game file and any information you want to add. Each time I update I will post here with the changes, and update the link in the OP.

Thanks,

HeWhoWas

I can’t provide you with a logfile when none exists where it should. I just double checked the folder, nothing there is new since dropping the editor in the folder, just the pre-existing files for GDT. Are you sure it puts it in the same place with every OS? Using Win7

New Version. Changes:

• I actually get the text you type in an error report now.
  • Changed logfile location. New logfile will go to your user home folder. This is C:\Users<Username>\gdtedit.log in Windows.
  • Added identifier to edited games so that they can be flagged by the game. This is not going to offer any restriction, it’s only so that the original dev’s don’t end up with support queries that they can’t understand. This will let them see that the save has been modified.

Same problem here, also with the new version of GDTEdit. It’s impossible to hire staff . And I can t find the log file to send it to you.

Same, can’t find the log file.

Its easy enough to replicate.

1. Start new game.
  2. Exit.
  3. Edit main character stats.
  4. Load the game. (Notice as you get xp levels your main characters salary will start going up)
  5. Get to the 2nd building. (No training option.)

I think whats happening is something is flagging the main character as a standard employee.

I guess its pretty cool to have a big office at the start of the game.

it is, you just cant get to the 3rd office, because the staff training gets disabled for some reason

Anyone who can’t find the logfile, you can try this:

Open Command Prompt and go to the folder containing GDTEdit.jar. Type the following:

java -jar GDTEdit.jar

Use the application as normal, once you get the error pm/email me the output from the command prompt :100:

Thanks!