[REQ] Request A Mod / Feature for a Mod / Modding Partners

That’d be difficult to even code, and than you’d have to buy servers and come up with gamemodes. Seems a bit to hard, but GHG could probably manage I wouldn’t recomend it.

Topic: Steampunk, Pinball, Rail Shooter, Stealth
Genre: Platformer, Fighting, Turn Based/Real Time Strategy, JRPG,WRPG (I may have mixed up some topics and genres by putting them in the wrong category. Sorry.)

Consoles: WonderSwan, Neo Geo, Turbo-Grafx, Super-Grafx

can’t add genres because they don’t support other mods

Hey Guys, I’m a pretty experienced web developer with a pretty big knowledge of JS and I would love to create a mod for the game, thing is, I really don’t have an idea of what I could make.
Sadly I can’t find anything that’s not completely farfetched / impossible in this thread.
I really love ideas that think outside of the box such as a new option in the context dropdown and custom modals and such.
Does anyone have a sweet idea? Please share it with me!

1. make another room like R&D lab or hardware lap
  2. make an update button (make 90% faster but cant change sliders but can put more options but 50% less purchases)
  3. make a button to customize the employ outfit
  4. make another delay for developing (like scratching your head), holding a phone, you’ll surf the web, play games
  5. make a price slider
  6. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE MAKE THIS IDEA: Mod generator idea
1 Like
  1. Sadly, I do not have any art skills, altough I do agree that that would be awesome.
  2. I really like this idea, I think I might actually start working on this one this weekend.
    Current idea in my head:
    You can choose ‘Update game…’ from context dropdown, It’ll show the game history dialog where you’ll get to pick one of your earlier games, then it’ll show a dialog with all features, some of them enabled/disabled depending on what features you selected for the game.
    Depending on whether it’s still in the market yes or no it could possibly boost sales / hype / fans.
    Also random events about people complaining the game doesn’t contain feature XXXX and they want you to add, once you do, additional fans / sales bonus.
  3. Quite a bit hard, also involves art sadly.
  4. Also art, but that really is a great idea and something I’m suprised of it isn’t in the game itself.
    wink wink @PatrickKlug
  5. Also an excellent idea, might be my mod after the update mod.
  6. Altough I could probably create this, this sounds like a lot of work, great idea though, but I’ve got a feeling it should be created by the creators of the game.

Thanks a lot for your idea(s), I will credit you once I’m done :wink:

Here are some of my ideas. I’m not sure how feasible they are.

1. Franchises - instead of just making a straight series of sequels, a franchise would allow for spin-offs, or even a spin-off series. Ideally, franchises would be tracked and have an overall rating (perhaps a viewable window linked to a menu option). Making a new game in the franchise gives a boost or penalty to that game based on the franchise rating. A good game raises the franchise rating and a bad game lowers it. The franchise rating will drop over time if you go too long without developing a game.

2. Re-Releases and Bundles - like the HD bundles on PS3 that come with 3 updated PS2 games. Re-Releasing a game makes use of just a single development phase containing engine, gameplay, and graphics. If bundling games, this development phase is repeated for each game in the bundle. The tech/design from the original game is added to the tech/design from the development to calculate a new score. When making a bundle, all the tech/design for the old games and development are added together, so that bundles of old games with shiny new graphics always score better than solitary old games with shiny new graphics. Re-Releases and bundles sell for less than regular games.

3. Merchandising - similar to marketing with multiple packages to select. Merchandise is additional income based on the popularity of a game or franchise. A merchandise deal requires no work from the developers, just money to fund it. Merchandise boosts game sales, and game sales boost merchandise. However, merchandising has a flat cost up front and then a monthly fee until canceled. If a merchandise line is based on a specific game, sales will drop sharply when said game goes off the market. Merchandise based on a franchise is more sustainable, but any negative effect on the franchise score will impact sales. Having more fans makes merchandising easier.

4. Tie-Ins - comics, books, TV shows, and movies. These can’t be based on a lone game, they have to be based on a franchise. These require no work on the part of developers, just a lot of money up front. Tie-in comics, books, and movies run for a while and then die off, like games. The income is lower, but they also provide hype for games in that franchise. A particularly good tie-in will also have a significant effect on the franchise rating (better even than a good game) while a bad tie-in will hurt it more.

TV shows are a little different. They run for 6 months at a time and provide no income, but are much better at hyping games than other tie-ins or even traditional marketing. Their positive effect on franchise rating is higher than other tie-ins, but their negative effect is lower. A bad TV show won’t generate as much hype, but it won’t kill the franchise either.

2 Likes

These are great!
I think I’ll be busy for the next months or so, haha.

Pretty please someone make a mod that gives me an option to disable the development bubbles. They are killing my experience after I come to stage 3 of the game and makes it nearly unplayable!

Ofcourse I would love to see this from the devs but they haven’t responded to anyone mentioning this the last months in the forums.

Ever saw San Andreas Multiplayer? That was a mod too.

Oh my god… you’re actually gonna work on Updates and Prices?
If it’s possible, it might be an idea to let your updated game be on the market again for a short time. Terraria-like, they boosted their sales too after the 2.0 release.

OMG… you’re too awesome. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah, I have SAMP. Except San Andreas isn’t a tycoon game. If you’re looking for an online tycoon game, just play one of those cheesy facebook games.

1 Like

Terraria had 200k sales on day one and made it to #1 on the steam charts in just one day, when they expected under 10k sales.

Of course they got tons of sales when they updated, and will get sales every update.

Need someone to do artwork for my mod, please pm me if your interested

Good ideas!

I think that if you make a game and if it like sells more later in its life it should go higher in rank. I noticed it didn’t.

I’ve always been keen on a mod that unlocks all topics from the start as I hate wasting time/research on them, especially now there are so many from mods, and would prefer just to have my choice of topics. You would still get the challenge of finding what matches what but wouldn’t have to waste 10rp a pop and lots of head-scratching time

1 Like

This would be useful for mod makers, to see if there extra topics are working

A couple of ideas…

1. Altered Game Length: pretty much what it sounds like. Giving people the option to either set the length of the game or providing a couple of options longer than 42 years for people who want to take their time with things.

2. Simultaneous Game Development: allowing the team to work on more than one game at a time (because it’s kind of annoying when I’ve got a team of 4+ and I just want to make a quick, small game that doesn’t really need all of the staff). I imagine it would be possible to have up to 6-7 small games being worked on at once, or 2-3 medium games, or possibly 2 large games. This would probably need to be balanced against the T/D points so the games didn’t all get horrible reviews, though.

3. Targeted Marketing: more marketing options, with the ability to use more than one form of marketing if desired. Money could be spent on print ads, internet ads, social media, et cetera.

4. Non-rounded Review Scores: just in the interest of facilitating realism, it would be neat to have decimal points added to the review scores and not have the overall review score rounded to an increment of .25.

5. Sort Game History: being able to view game history as a list/spreadsheet and sort games by genre, copies sold, review score or whatever.

6. Additional Audience Ratings: in addition to young/everyone/mature, it would be neat to have an “adult” category. I know in Australia we’ve got both “mature” which is 15+, and we’ve now (finally) got a strictly adult rating, which is 18+ and generally only houses the most violent or controversial games.

6a. Just another thought on the audience rating - it seems to affect review scores somewhat if the audience or genre doesn’t match the console and I’d love to see a mod that did away with that and had it only affect sales, since that’s probably a little closer to how the actual industry is. A couple of really great adult games were released for the Wii, for instance (MadWorld springs to mind) and they got good reviews, they just sold horribly.

I’d totally program these things myself if I could, but I unfortunately lack those skills. Perhaps someone else on here digs my ideas and would like to make them happen?

1 Like

I totally agree with all these ideas, they are awesome, good job. :smile: