[REQ/IDEA] A Mod that enables you to release apps & create markets aside from games. Can someone do it?

THIS IS TO ALL MODDERS:
But everyone can read this of course :smile:

So this is just my silly idea, I don’t know if this has already been mentioned/presented by other people.
I’m not planning on doing this because I don’t know how to create mods :smiley:
I do know a bit of coding but I’m too busy and lazy to tackle and make mods :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw, I think this quite difficult to make & very very complicated , or just simply the worst idea you’re ever gonna find out -_-
But I hope someone will make it or add it to an existing mod :blush:
And this is quite long, because I don’t like giving out ideas without explanation and leaving people blank and very confused, at least that my explanation will somehow enlighten the idea, a bit.

Obviously, we play GDT by making games (of course), and later on creating consoles and there is only one market for all of it.
And making Applications & new markets may be out of place.
It’s just a random thought that came up about making applications after I created a Simulation/Music game that I named “iTunes” :smiley_cat: (I just suck at making game names)

So here is a little introduction to my idea & HOW I IMAGINE/D IT, which means that I’m describing the “would-be” mod.

— ABOUT APPS, Social networking & New Markets in GDT:
The app-making will come out on early 2000+/Y20+ since mobile platforms are probably out already.
Normally, You click anywhere on the screen & the first button that will come up is “Develop Game” followed by “Develop Sequel” (since that option will be available by that time),
But once this News comes up:

“As more and more game developers are surfacing, Some major Social Network & Internet-related companies are creating their own extension of the market for applications beside games, One of the leading companies is Boogle (Google), announcing that they will release their own market for both games & apps called Boogle Play (Google Play) where developers can release apps & games in it, One of the creators of Boogle said that Boogle Play will stand as a revolutionary new market for all games & applications available & accessible only to PC & mobile via Internet highlighting the fact that buying games can now be bought easily without lining up in stores. They also named some of their top social-networking applications as Boogle Plus & Bmail which will be available to their own Boogle Play Market in PC & Mobile next year”

And another news:

“After Boogle announced their upcoming applications and their hyped up Boogle Play, Fatebook (Facebook) also announced two of their applications namely, Fatebook Games, another market for games just like Boogle Play and Fatebook, a social network application, which will hit the market under Fatebook Games next year in all PC & mobile platforms. Gynga (Zynga), a known game developer company, is said to release the first game in Fatebook Games called Farm Villa (Farmville), We wonder if Fatebook Games will top Boogle Play and attract gamers on the market with the help of Gynga”

After a year, A news will appear:

“Today, the first revolutionary internet-based game & app market called “Boogle Play” has been launched garnering 100% of all shares. Boogle also released their social apps, Boogle Plus and Bmail as their lead titles. Boogle creator then commented on issues that Boogle Play might slow down console games sales since it only highlights PC & Mobile platforms, He said that Boogle Play is of another style and is quite far different from the main market of console games so it may not affect console sales at all, Future competitors might also make a new market for consoles that should balance the availability of all games in all platforms in the near future”

Second news:
“After the successful launch of Boogle Play, Today, Fatebook launched Fatebook Games, the second one on the internet-based game & app market featuring their own Fatebook social networking app & Farm Villa, a game from their partner, Gynga.”

Third News:
“The recent addition of internet-based markets namely Boogle Play and Fatebook Games aside from the main market overwhelmed Gamers and App users for various apps and games that are soon to be available.
Some console and game developers like also announced that they will also release apps soon.”

One of your employee will then prompt you:

“Most of our fans are really excited on the new trend in the market for applications, they are expecting us to release our own application by means of social networking or by making our own game market that enable us to release our games which will surely reach more audience & fans. I think this is a good idea, shall we research about making applications & game markets? It is added in our R&D Lab”

Research topic, “Developing Applications” & “Game Markets” on the R&D Lab.
Costs on Research:
Developing Applications- 5M
Game Markets- 15M

+The Basic Insight between making Games compared to Apps & creating Game Markets:

*Game Process:
1.) Make Game >>> 2.) Release in Platforms such as PC/Mbox

*Social Network App Process which works on PC & mobile only:
1.) Make App >>> 2.) Choose sub-platform such as Boogle Play/Fatebook Games or your own market>>> 3.) Release in target Platforms (if Multi-Platform) such as PC/grphone/grpad

*Creating Game Markets (e.g, Boogle Play) which works on PC & mobile only:
1.) Make Game Market >>> 2.) Choose & Release in target Platforms such as PC/grphone/grpad

-In releasing a game in your own market (e.g., Steam), you can only release it in the specified platforms of your game market

Example:
-You cannot release a game/app with the chosen platforms Mbox/Playsystem/Gameling in your own game market called Steam since it only supports PC & mobile platforms not consoles.

WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CREATING GAMES/APPS IN A GAME MARKET THAN THE USUAL MULTI-PLATFORM FEATURE?
-Developing Game Markets costs way cheaper.
-You earn a lot if you release a game/app in your own market/other game market.

After the two research topic is complete in R&D,

You will now have two additional buttons,
“Develop Application” & “Create Game Market”,

[HOW TO]
Specified steps on making:

+SOCIAL NETWORKING APPS (e.g.,Two Witter [Twitter] ):
1.) Select Develop Application >>> Enter App name >>> Select App Size (S, M, L, AAA) >>> Select Audience (Y,E,M) >>> Select Topics (Genre will automatically be “Simulation”//MMO button will not be shown aka disabled, but the app will sell like an MMO) >>> *New Button/Choices to enable user to select Sub-Platform (Boogle Play, Fatebook Games) >>> Select Main Platform (PC, Grphone, Grpad//Console options disabled) >>> Select Engine >>> Select type of GUI (3D, 2D, Text) >>> FIRST STAGE (same with game process) >>> SECOND STAGE (same with game process) >>> THIRD STAGE (same with game process) >>> RELEASE >>> *Reviewers point of view must be changed a bit to fit. *Sells like an MMO *Events also changed for achievements (e.g Reaching 500K Units sold) and others

FEATURES/DIFFERENCES:
-Platforms: PC/Mobile only
-Apps can be updated like an MMO via a *New button called Update App (Same Process repeats just the way Expansion is done)
-Number of users/fans are shown
-Apps can be used to hype a game on development. *New Choice in marketing called “Feature Game in your App”, In this way 50-70% of app users will buy your game, Adds 500-6,000 hype points
-Great for increasing fans. This boosts fanbase by 40-50% of the current number of your fans
-Price of your App when you release it in Markets like Boogle Play/Fatebook Games
Small: 7 p/u
Medium: 8 p/u
Large: 12 p/u
AAA: 15 p/u
-Price of your App when you release it in your own Market:
Small: 8 p/u
Medium: 10 p/u
Large: 14 p/u
AAA: 16 p/u

+GAME MARKET
1.) Select Create Game Market >>> Enter Game Market name >>> (Select Size Disabled) >>> Select Audience (Y,E,M) >>> *New choice, Select Preferred Game Genres (Simulation, Strategy, RPG, Action, Casual, Adventure) >>> Select Preferred Platforms (PC, Grphone, Grpad//Console options disabled) >>> Select Engine >>> Select type of GUI (3D, 2D, Text) >>> FIRST STAGE (same with game process) >>> SECOND STAGE (same with game process) >>> THIRD STAGE (same with game process) >>> RELEASE >>> *Reviewers point of view must be changed a bit to fit. *Sells like a Console *Events also changed for achievements (e.g Reaching 500K Units sold) and others

FEATURES/DIFFERENCES:
-Platforms: PC/Mobile only
-This application is like a platform & a bit like “Grid”. You can release games for it. Game Markets will be open forever unless you shut it down.
-All games/apps you release on the market will sell forever but charts will not be shown anymore after you release another app/game. Sales will be done in the background & will slow down gradually.
-This also boosts fanbase by 20-30% of the current number of your fans.
-Price for Developers: 250,000
-Price for Developing in your own Game Market: None
-Price of Platform subscription sales: 15/pu
-Price of your Games when you release it in your own Market:
Small: 10 p/u
Medium: 12 p/u
Large: 18 p/u
AAA: 25 p/u
-Price of your App when you release it in your own Market:
Small: 8 p/u
Medium: 10 p/u
Large: 14 p/u
AAA: 16 p/u

So this ends my bad idea,
If you have questions or suggestions that might simplify/improvise please comment :smile:
And if you’re a modder & you would like to add this to your existing mod, or you’re making this as a new mod, Please tell me :smile:

CURRENT MODDERS WORKING ON THIS:
NONE

1 Like

Um… you win the award for longest post ever to be on the GHG forum… lol! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lol :stuck_out_tongue:

nice idea

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your creative ideas.

1 Like

Bad idea!?! This is a great idea! Just complicated