Realistic Platforms Reborn [WIP] [Might be discontinued]

Greetings

As most of you should know, there (was) a mod called Realistic Platforms mod. Well, you may also know that the original mod maker stopped the development. You may also know that it was programed using UME, which is broken. Well, after some consideration I asked him for premission to continue the mod, and well, he agreed.

#Progress (20.8.2016)

1. Today I found a HUGE error in my code, causing me to rework everything I’ve done so far, so today no progress, I even down-graded, now I only have 3 consoles done. Sorry :frowning:

#Bugs

###Not fixed

1. Due to my mistake, the release dates from 1980-1981 are a little off

###Fixed
Nothing :frowning:

#Plans

1. For the first update add around 39-ish consoles
  2. If I manage, change the in-game platform sales and dates aswell (like TES and GS, because I coded for 35 years, and the game is set for 30 years if I can remember)

#Special thanks
@KizzaGaming - Helped me with all the code in this mod xD

So thats about it, I haven’t made any banners or anything yet, will do that after I finish the mod, because that is my priority right now. If anyone could make any banners that would be awesome, I suck at that :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers

2 Likes

That sounds good, just wanted to ask - what are you reworking?

What do you mean?

Sounds GOOD! :3

1 Like

I thought the dates and stuff were correct in the mod?

Actually no they weren’t. The Atari 2600 would go off market AFTER ps 2 was launched, and that is just one example. What caused this error is the UME which led to some pretty unwanted results in the dates. Also, Atari 2600 (again) had 80% marketshare ALL THE TIME, but it was actually overshadowed by NES in the real world. And just some more tweaks like id names and stuff, to organize it more easily

And also, since the original mod is kinda dead, I thought about adding more stuff than just new consoles. Maybe it could be new research for console construction, who knows. For now, my main goal is new consoles

Ah, okay, I understand now.
Hope you continue developing this!

I’m not making any promises, but I am very optimistic, only thing i know for sure is that I will finish the major update, and that is reworking everything from Ultimatelib to regular code

Just a quick update, I added all Atari consoles, now working on the Fairchild (or something like that)

Hello everybody.

So I’ve been thinking about stopping this whole project. Reason?

ALL MY SOURCE CODE IS GONE.

My hard drive died, and now I don’t have a single line of code ready. I’ll see over the next few days

Hey, don’t you dare stop it.
You could try to rip everything off of the harddisk(although that might not work), and worst comes to worst, just take what’s left in the download file and then rework from there.

I just got a new HDD. Couldn’t save anything from the old disc but im starting fresh