Quick question (about adfly)

I do understand that adfly is against the rules of using…

But wouldn’t that be like giving a donation button to paypal? if you give the players a choice to help out the developer of a mod… It’s even for people who can’t really donate but want to…

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

No, beacuse donation is player choise to help u as developer of mod if he is happy with that mod.With adfly he dont have any choise u can put 1 topic in mod put adfly link and to earn, and players first need to download and check mod.Making mod isnt about to earn money, and u need a lot work on ur mod to get some donation.

@acagreat i think he meant having it as an optional download

1 Like

I didn’t mean you should be obligated to choose the adfly link. Might have missunderstood me or i didn’t explain good enough… as @KizzaGaming said.

If it’s optional, you can choose to go through the adfly link or just choose the main download…
just as if there was a PayPal button.

We simply don’t want ad.fly links on the forums. If you would like support from the community you may either use a donation button (which is allowed on the forum) or use ad.fly links on your own hosted website. In the latter case the rules set out in the modding agreement still apply, so you always have to provide a direct download link which is easily identifiable.

We will always use direct links in our official mod listings.

2 Likes

Fair enough, i guess :slight_smile:

1 Like