Question about modding - units sold

Hello to all, from a newbie modder using UME :smiley:
I know it’s not the best way to mod the game, but for now that’s all I can do and all the time I can spare. My question is rather simple (I think) - can someone please tell me where I can find how many consoles the TES for example begins at and how many more it sells? I am modding in new consoles and when I tested them, my Atari had 80+ % which was rather too much, with just 1 mil consoles sold at beginning and 2 mil at end. I need this for comparison so that I can mod my new consoles better.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I will post my mod once I consider it good enough for public testing :smiley:

1 Like

here you can see the platforms: Game Dev Tycoon Wikia
It does not contain all unit solds, more than to see the time when released.

I’ve seen the wikia, however, as you said there are no units sold written there, which doesn’t help me much. Else I have put up the dates and the images for the consoles. You could say most of the stuff is done, with event messages as well, all I need is balancing of the units sold, so that they aren’t OP.

Hi @Chazchu ,

Always great to have someone join the community! Right now, I would strongly recommend not using UME and trying instead our Wiki.

I can appreciate how it’s probably easier to use other tools, but none are currently being updated/supported, so there’s no guarantee of it working properly that after you poured all that work into it. :confused:

Even so, have you looked at this thread? Seems like looking directly at codeNw.js might yield the answer you’re looking for!

How are you using UME?

It’s broken, so all mods with the use of UME cannot be used

Well it works and causes zero issues for me :smiley: I don’t get what you mean by broken.

well, they do/can work, but it’s very much pot luck

I know this topic has been a little dead as of late, but I have another question regarding custom consoles - how do I add more images to the available ones. I want to create more customization (for example some handheld designs) and I wonder if it’s a simple thing to change or not?