Problem when trying to buy the game

When I try to process the order, I get the error: "The phone number is not valid. Enter 8 or more digits."
Now, the problem is that the page just asks me for my First name, Last name and e-mail, and not anywhere is there any mention for (or place to enter) my phone number, so I guess you can see where my problem is…

Contact orders@fastspring.com for orders.

Are you trying to order it on the Website or the Windows Store?

Trying to order on the website

Seems to have been a problem with Chrome. Worked on IE…

1 Like

very odd. we haven’t heard of this before. what Chrome version were you using? was this via paypal?

Weird, while IE is marked as the worst browser at the moment.

I’m using Version 28.0.1500.72 m of Chrome, and yes, it was through paypal.

Explorer has always been “marked” with being the worst browser, simply because it doesn’t live up to the ridiculous tests most review sites put through.

Hell I read the Toms Hardware “Internet Browser Awards” article a few weeks back when they were handing out who was the best Browser award… and every test that Explorer did well on there was a remark “Clearly this test has not be fixed for bugs so we will discount in favour of another test software…” where basically Explorer did really poorly then followed by another remark “Explorer is once again in last place as usual”

The sad thing is most people believe what these reviewers write despite actual figures proving otherwise.
You know it was basically marked down for an entire section because it doesn’t support WebGL… I mean freaking seriously?!

Obviously I’m missing how it’s so widespread on the internet now that it is an important… wait, no that’s Unity which is supported. Well I mean obviously I’m missing how WebGL is as fully featured and OpenGL… wait, no that’s DirectX 11 via Silverlight… No surely it is the most secure… oh wait, no that’s DX11 via Silverlight again.

But Chrome and Firefox recently added “private browsing to their browsers!!” … like Explorer has had … since version 8.

Seriously, they even completely cut out the Security Features this year from the tests they perform; instead cited some website that DOES NOT Officially do the Web Security checks for browsers saying “Yeah Chrome won”

So wait, the last 3 years Explorer has been the most secure with integrated malware reaching a score of 95%+ on all tests all this time with all the competitors only capable of passing 30% of these same security and malware tests; then all of a sudden Chrome = Win?

Now I’m not again Chrome and Firefox being good browsers, in their own way they are nice and if people prefer them that is entirely up to them… I also didn’t mind the Explorer bashing when it was at a 75% market share control, but since laws prevent it from being added to the OS (which might I add how come only Microsoft are forced to do this, when Linux Distros have one packaged often Chrome nowadays and OSX has Safari built-in?!) the market share for the Browser has been dropping.

Right now it is actually lagging considerably behind Safari, it is well a minority browser… but yet people aren’t content with that.

Just so sick of people attitudes towards such things, especially when they are often so ill informed it is painful to see them argue the merits of their favourite browser. Yet there is the ironic thing here… ask anyone what backup browser they use.

Seriously think about it. Sure most have Chrome or Firefox (which they flip flop between based on what is popular or the trend at the time) and ask them what the one they fall back to if those browsers don’t work. Unless you’re speaking to a Linux user it is ALWAYS Explorer.

That to me makes no damn sense, if it is such a terrible browser… why have it as a backup?
I mean the backup is something you have because you know it works without fail; really isn’t that far more important feature to have in a browser?

Hey Guys, We have had a few reports of this in the past 2 days. I have contacted our distributors to check the status of this issue.

1 Like

I can confirm that this was a temporary problem that has now been rectified.

Oooook, such a long rant.

Anyways, my personal experience with Explorer has been bad for years now and thats why i have been using Firefox for years now.
I use Opera as back-up.

On topic.
It’s very bad for business if the distributors can’t manage their job…

Mozilla and back up is nothing but MOzilla :wink:

Problem is already fixed but I would like to say that I have had little problems with chrome in other sites now and then. Once I paid via paypal on other site and for some reason site didn’t recognize my payment (It might have been just one time glitch). This was not the first problem with chrome, sometimes simple javascript commands don’t work well with chrome and yesterday for some reason simple html form didn’t post or something else broke. I haven’t had any problems with firefox because everytime something breaks on chrome it will work on firefox.

I think problem is in browser and how it handles different scenarios. Firefox is using gecko engine and chrome is using webkit. They don’t work identically the same in ex. once I had problem with jquery stuff because chrome was acting differently than firefox and I had to tweak code that chrome processed it correctly. Of course this is nothing new, pretty much every browser acts little bit different. Also I’m not saying chrome sucks, I’m using it now and I successfully bought the Game Dev Tycoon with chrome browser and everything went smoothly. :smile:

I hope this helps anyone here if you encounter similar problem again. PS. I love your game!

1 Like