Playing game dev tycoon

@PatrickKlug I bought game dev tycoon for steam but every time I open the game it gets stuck at “Please wait: Synchronizing steam workshop subscriptions.” do you know how i can fix it or what is going on?

Some things you can try:

• Unsubscribe to any Steam Workshop subscription if you had mods installed. If you don’t have any mods, try the next thing.

• Click on Game Dev Tycoon in your Steam Library with your right mouse button, click on ‘Properties’ and click on the ‘Updates’ tab and mark the checkbox with ‘Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for game dev tycoon’. If it’s already marked, try the next thing.

• Reïnstall Game Dev Tycoon. If that doesn’t work, may god (@PatrickKlug) help you.

@Lukas_Schuurman

That’s what exactly what i said on his earlier post.

I didn’t know that was suggested earlier, we should wait for a response.

Well yes, i told him to message PatrickKlug, since he dosn’t know what i mean, i provided him which photos. Lol @Lukas_Schuurman

Go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Dev Tycoon , right
click, send to…, send to desktop (create a shortcut) and rename the
"nw.exe - shortcut" in “Game Dev Tycoon”, now, if you double click on
then, you start the game without steam.

@Plasma07 Is that the same on mac?

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about that!

I’ve already told @PatrickKlug about this, but in the meantime, would it be possible for you to try verifying your Steam cache?

This workaround worked for some of our players that experienced this exact same problem with the workshop subscriptions, so might be worth a shot!

@Mafalda How do I do that?

Click on the link @Mafalda provided and look at the video (.gif)

Thanks for pointing @dally23 in the right direction,@Lukas_Schuurman !

Did this help you out, @dally23? :slight_smile:

@Mafalda No it didn’t

In Steam, right click “Game Dev Tycoon”, go to “Properties” and then select the “Local Files” tab. You will want to select “Verify Integrity of Game Cache” and it should begin to check your game files and download and/or update any that are missing.
If you have trouble understanding this, try changing your browser to translate to your primary language. Hope that helps a bit better.