Pixel Tower - (UPDATED 24/3/16)

Yeah, it’s a weird 2 tbh. Thank you though!

I assume you’re using the Node webkit export option @CrumpDev ?

Yes, I am. It makes multi platform support considerably easier, as it exports to each os automatically.

1 Like

I’ll test it for Mac if needed

Cool, thanks! I’ll list you in the credits as a tester!

We have decided to switch to Dropbox to store our prototype. New links will be up soon!

Very sorry for the lack of updates today, enemy AI is a tricky mistress, but on the other hand, the health system is mostly done, and the first level has been revamped in 0.0.3 from 0.0.2!

When will it be up and what tweaks did you make to the level?

• It’ll be up in an hour or so.
  • I meant from 0.0.2, which was before you came onboard; it’s still the level you designed, don’t worry.

Oh okay well I’m going to be busy so ill be back around 8am london time. Also make sure you use dropbox to upload the files.

Cool, I’ll get to finalising the update and I’ll get to uploading.

Alright cool.

The enemies and health are practically done (in later levels you can edit how long they walk in a direction before they turn around for more precise placement), just adding them to the HUD.

Now exporting v0.0.3, the most substantial update yet! Download Link will be available soon!

Official Update:
Pixel Tower will be changing its name to Super Duper Hyper Ultra Patriotic Remote-Getting Executive Tycoon Simulator 2k15 Remastered HD++ GOTY Edition. More info later.

#Innovation

Just a little hint of the the new design coming to 0.0.4!

EDIT: Going to have to change the top to green as it’s blending in with the background.

1 Like

OK, so quick update; development is going very smoothly at the moment, and the recent expansion is sure to help out; we’ve been a bit preoccupied finalising the deal with @gamedev13600 and @Botahamec so not too much has been added, however there are some significant changes in place courtesy of @ShadowedDeath.

• Spikes have been implemented, possibly replacing the bushes in all but easy mode.
  • Animations and sprites have been altered. Some changes are divisive, therefore we’ll need your feedback!
  • The damage values have been revamped, with enemies now dealing 2 damage, to make them a higher priority than any low damage hazards implemented later on.
  • Difficulty modes may be implemented; we’ll need to find a way to implement them without having several copies of essentially the same levels, skyrocketing the file size; we’ll find a way though, rest assured.
  • Coin placements are slightly changed to coin(!)cide with the spike placement.
  • A new Nightmare Edition is in the works; one hit deaths,time limits and increased enemy counts, so watch out! (This’ll be a separate download)
  • A special edition could be made available to donators to show our gratitude and to give incentive to those who want to donate. DON’T WORRY, THIS WILL NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT FROM A GAMEPLAY STANDPOINT, JUST A FEW MORE LEVELS AND A PERSONAL THANK YOU IN THE CREDITS, AS WELL AS A CROWN FOR THE MAIN CHARACTER, AND MAYBE A TIME ATTACK MODE. ALSO, THIS’LL BE WORKED ON POST RELEASE, SO DON’T FEEL THAT WE’RE CUTTING OUT CONTENT, CAUSE WE’RE DOING ALL WE CAN TO MAKE THIS A FAIR SYSTEM FOR EVERYBODY. You will NOT miss out on much with the free version, as we don’t want to cheapen the experience, and we certainly don’t want it to be a glorified demo. If this isn’t an OK move, in your opinion, please private message me and we’ll discuss the decision in further detail. Also, the versions are DRM free, so you can pass on the version to a friend if you want, cause it’s just a show of gratitude from us to you. <3
1 Like

Nice updates so far. I do agree with you on the special edition of the game. I may donate, just because you’re taking your time out of your life to deliver us a game and it seems like you’re working hard at it. Plus, you’re also helping with another game. Congratulations to you young one.

@CrumpDev I can do difficulty, because it’s very easy. Really, it’s very quick and you don’t need to copy levels. Only thing I need is current project file for C2.

Congratulations on progress that your team has done, plus you’re picked up that TV Tycoon game. It may slow dev time of both games, but as always it’s great to hear that community will help, even for free.

As always, sorry for bad english :wink: