Paying Anonymously

Hello. I am an anonymous user and due to many things (but mainly my concern for staying anonymous), I would like to purchase the game in a way to retain this anonymity.

Before you get on me about “Privacy Policies” and this and that know that I am more concerned about my name showing up in a company audit or some such in the future and really I’m just super-paranoid. I’ll be the first to admit it.

Is there any way we could do a cash-by-mail or perhaps some sort of bitcoin transaction?

Cheers,
Anonymous User.

I’m gonna have to call the Admins on this one.
Hey, @Charlie! @PatrickKlug!

Why not just have someone else place the order ?
You could also wait for the Steam release, and have a friend gift it to you , and then pay your friend.

Hey,
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and PayPal. In some locations we support bank transfer. If payment by bank transfer is available in your location, it will appear among the billing methods. If it does not appear, it is not yet available.

We do have plans to add additional payment methods in the future if you would like to check back.

However Game Dev Tycoon will soon be available on Steam which offers;
Credit / Debit Card
PayPal
WebMoney
iDeal
PaySafeCard
MoPay
Moneybookers
Sofortüberweisung / DIRECTebanking.com
Russian Terminals / Kiosks
Wallet / In Game Transactions

You may have issues using VPN’s and payment methods as anti fraud checks are more often than not outlawing the use of VPN’s. Even Steam doesn’t allow VPNs anymore, you can fudge it but you will loose your account if you get caught so its really not worth it.

So as the poster above suggested, finding a friend to act as proxy is your best bet.

Thank you and DarkcowboyDK. I’ve decided to go this route.

If it’s available in your location, you could always buy a Visa Gift Card with cash, then buy Game Dev Tycoon. It’s how I did it. Alternatively, you could wait for the Steam release.

But doesn’t Steam use a credit card aswell? That does mean he/she needs a gift card too for the Steam release?

Visa Gift Card acts like a Visa Credit Card. You could use it to buy the game on Steam if you don’t want to use a credit card.

No, i meant that Visa Credit Cards have your name attached to the info so our Anonymous buyer here need to use his/her name.

The name on the credit card is required for most transactions.
But he doesn’t need to use his own card.

But it’s pretty damn hard to stay anonymous these days.
It’s for our own protection (they say) :wink: