Official Mod Ideas Topic

LineLiar: I know, but, I meant as a platform to develop games on.

1 Like

Iā€™ve suggested it many times, but nobody ever responds.

Can someone PLEASE create a mod that tells you the % of time allocation in the development stages.
Like this:

Not a coder, but that seems to be like it wouldnā€™t be too hard to do, and it would be immensely helpful.

Also, would like a little stat somewhere that tells me the current design/tech ratio. I donā€™t know why these things havenā€™t been done by modders when they are so crucial to game development.

2 Likes

Manually retire a previous console from market, instead of it being automatically replaced by the newer one.

Even the other systems having a grace period, before the previous version is being retired.

4 Likes

Another thing about MMOs, it would be great if they are ā€œsubscriptionā€ and not sale based. It seriously doesnā€™t make any sense for me, that the maintenance costs are constantly increasing and you are forced to constantly produce Expansion Packs. With the current game mechanics, itā€™s quite challenging to run 3 MMOs simultaneously.

4 Likes

Here is my ideas
ā€¢ New Consoles
Totally Consoles

• Atari Consoles
    ā€¢ Atera Pung (Atari Pong)
    ā€¢ Atera Pung Home (Atari Pong Home) This is a research to Atera Pung
    ā€¢ Atera 2600 (Atari 2600)
    ā€¢ Atera Jungur (Atari Jaguar)
    ā€¢ Atera Jungur CD (Atari Jaguar CD) This is a research to Atera Jungur
    ā€¢ Atera Lityx (Atary Lynx)
  • Nintendo Consoles

ā€¢ Ninvento Satella Vision (Snes Satella View) This is a research to Super Ninvento
ā€¢ Ninvento 64dde (Nintendo 64dd)] This is a research to Ninvento 64
ā€¢ Ninvento Televisor Game (Nintendo TVGAME)
ā€¢ Ninvento Virtual Ling (Nintendo Virtual Boy)
ā€¢ Game Ling Color (Game Boy Color)
ā€¢ Game Ling Advanced (Game Boy Advanced)
ā€¢ Ninvento GS Pro (Nintendo Ds Lite)
ā€¢ Ninvento GSi (Nintendo Dsi)
ā€¢ Ninvento GSSl (Nintendo Ds xl)
ā€¢ Ninvento 3GS (Nintendo 3ds)
ā€¢ Ninvento 3GSSl (Nintendo 3ds xl)
ā€¢ Ninvento 2GS (Nintendo 2ds)
ā€¢ Ninvento 2GSl (Nintendo 2ds xl) This is a future console.
ā€¢ Ninvento Life (Nintendo Life) This is a future console
ā€¢ Ninvento Shockware (Nintendo Shockware) This is a future console

• Sony Consoles

ā€¢ Vonny Playsystem Y (Sony Playstation X)
ā€¢ PPS Viva (Playstation Vita)
ā€¢ Playsystem 6 (Playstation 6) This is a future console

• Microsoft Consoles
    ā€¢ MBox 837 (Xbox 837) This is a future portable console
    ā€¢ MBox Two (Xbox Two) This is a future console

• SNK Consoles
    ā€¢ Veo Reo (Neo Geo)
    ā€¢ Veo Reo Mini (Neo Geo Pocket)

• Panasonic, Sanyo & LG
    ā€¢ 3vo entertainment (3do Interactive Multiplayer)
    Iā€™ll post more ideas besides consoles

4 Likes

A lot of those consoles are included in these mods :slight_smile:

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/rel-realistic-platforms-mod/11262

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/rel-expansion-pack-for-game-dev-tycoon/8634

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/rel-super-consoles-mod-0-9-7/9260

3 Likes

To be more realistic, I think you need a special piece of software and a coding language to make (example-graphic). Like paint or photoshop or something.
Softwares for almost every stage.
Also a coding language that you can specify at the beginning of development.
I think that it will be fair to pay for a piece of software, but it would be cool that you can make your own coding language or software and put in your engine.
Staff needs to be taught to code in a different language or to use a software.

Hope you like my idea, hope you use it in your next mod or an update.You are free to do it if you tell me whats the mod name to download it. :smile:

2 Likes

I agree

I have trouble making any that get a score above 6, much less one that makes money.
But I like your idea.

This post goes out to any modder who may be looking for some ideas.

I would love to see the MMOā€™s in this game get a re-work. For starters, maybe a feature to do server maintenance or upgrade to reduce the amount it costs to run an MMO since I feel like itā€™s unrealistic how it is. Make it a hefty sum of money for an upgrade and a much smaller yet expensive cost for maintenance but both curb the operating expenses of the game for a time, and maybe the upgrade can allow for more features?

Secondly think an MMO should have some new features that are not available for regular games. For instance, you can set a level cap, and the next expansion might raise that. Also an MMO game should have some sort of trade feature, PvP ,real-money store and cooperative missions, with each of those aspects being able to be tweaked and upgrades as the MMO evolves. Positive tweaks will ensure a longer-lasting game while negative changes will just help kill the polularity and revenue of the game faster.

Lastly, we need a new kind of game. On top of small, medium, large, AAA and MMO, we need free to play. While I personally stay away from those, they seem to be very lucrative in the right hands, and its only right to include that sort of model in this game.

2 Likes

One thing I have wanted since the beginning was the ability to delegate how much time you take on a game. Sometimes I want to be able to spend 6 years on a small game, or 1 week on a AAA game to screw myself over.

3 Likes

Nice ideas, two thumbs up!

I never thought of that, but, very good idea

I kinda just want to change the name of my employees. And maybe change the way they look or something.

I Will To see A mod where you Are Making Game in A Zombie outbreak or a mod that do so you also can make Movies out of your Games

I like the idea.Of competing companiesā€¦And also someone could through in the government trying to get you to put out propaganda in the gamesā€¦ā€œLike the money they put into sponsoring war gamesā€ā€¦Thanks to all you moddersā€¦it is making the GDTā€¦a lot more interesting to playā€¦

1 Like

I played so many times, but I always thinked that something was missing at the last or mid of the gameā€¦

When you did it all, I was thinking and it could be great to see this:

-More employees: The limit of 6 can be a little short for us, at least for me xD

-Larger offices: Not much to say of this, offices that can accommodate more than 6 employees, like 10, 20, etcā€¦

-More offices: Why have one, when you can create your empire of Game Dev? (I donā€™t know if this can be created, but it could be great).

And for complement the other ones:

-Organize your stuff for create games: Iā€™ll put an example for explain this, you have 10 employees, and you want to create 2 medium games, so you put 5 employees to create one, and other 5 to create the other.

I think that itā€™s a great idea, the including of this can change drasticaly the way of gameplay for Game Dev Tycoon, but more if you include other mods like, Camelot, EPM, CMPackā€¦

I hope to see these, thank you for be a great community.

P.S: Sorry if I repeat a little, my english isnā€™t so great xD

#I edit this post, I donā€™t like double posting xD

I had twice idea more that I forgot to say, that are:

-Include a menu pre-Game Dev: this menu can be popped-up before you start the development stages and can have some options likeā€¦
-Timeplay: The time that the game starts to the end, that could have impact in the time of development, so a game that itā€™s lenght is 3 hours itā€™s created faster than other that itā€™s lenght is 10 hours.
Obviusly, it can affect to the fans and the sales.

-Adjustable difficulty: I think that this can work with different ages, like, easier games for kids, and harder for adults. a bar from 1 to 10 should be cool!

-Adjustable prices: Not all games should cost the same, you can decide the game price (One mod do this, but Iā€™d like to see the price before I create the game.)

And I donā€™t know what more I can say for the menu, but you can try to full the list :smile:

The other idea is to give names to all, your employees, your offices(if you have more than one)ā€¦ etc, if you include more things like DLCs, updates, patchā€¦

2 Likes

My Idea - Rival Companies

This would mean, that there would be rival game development companies.
If this mod was made, it would include a charts system, Iā€™ve always
wanted to know what stops my 9.75 rated game getting top spotā€¦

As well as this, their would be an end of year ceremony, celebrating the best games ect.

I have no idea how this mod would be coded, but if it was possible I would literally start screaming

1 Like

Rival Companies?
You better start screaming now:
http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/wip-competitormod-by-kristof1104/9381

Time based difficulties: If someone could design a mod that would use a value computed by the game time (potentially adjustable by selecting a difficulty) instead of trying to consistently hit 111% of your previous best this would fix my single biggest problem with the game. Itā€™s not fun when in order to do well you need to intentionally underperform to prevent the game after this one from being too hard. That doesnā€™t reflect reality and is a really poor and unfun game mechanic.