Note from TV Tycoon Programmer

Greetings!

Well, I just found out that the other guys working on TV Tycoon are doing this so I guess I will too. Better make this good.

Hello. You know me as Botahamec. In real life, my name is Mike. I am a dedicated programmer currently working on 3 games. I keep news on TV Tycoon and other game I’m making over at botahamecdev.tumblr.com

I’m glad to have peradev, gamedev13600, and ShadowedDeath helping me make this awesome project. Just working on it, I can tell you that this looks like something with potential to be very fun and well polished.

With that, I’ll just keep a list of features here:

News

New Title Screen

I know people were complaining about the Title Screen. We have changed it.
Teaser #1

Make the tv network of your dreams. Comes later this year.

Information

Game: TV Tycoon
Release Date: November 2015
Platform: PC

Team

Creators: Game Word Studios
Manager: gamedev13600
Programmer: Botahamec (me)
Artist: ShadowedDeath
Marketing: Jack_TheDev

Features

Done:

• Title screen
  • HUDS
  • Making shows
  • Ads
  • Money
  • Special Events
  • Buying Shows
  • Season 2

Working on:

• Employees
  • Upgradable Office
  • Hiring employees

Estimated time remaining: approx. 1 week (probably)

FAQ:

The title screen looks bad.
It’s recently been updated, but is still a bit blurry. There’s not much I can do about that. I have to resize it to fit the screen and it unfortunately becomes blurry in this process.

What are the system requirements?
This is what I have so far:

• The game won’t likely take up more than 150 MB. The version that I have on my computer right now is only about 3.75 MB. But we still have to add the graphics so it might be a bit larger.
  • RAM is going be a little high because of all the variables the game keeps track of. But probably lower than the RAM required for Game Dev Tycoon, unless something about my game changes.
  • I don’t think it will be too strenuous on the processor. I think running this game on your CPU would be similar to running Super Smash Bros. on your CPU.
  • The graphics card doesn’t have to be monstrous either.

Will there be a Mac version?
You can actually help me make one. All you need is a Mac and an Indie or Team liscense for Stencyl. PM me, and I’ll give you the .stencyl file. All you need to do is export it.

Anyone who can get me a Mac or Linux version will get a free copy of the game when it comes out.

Websites

My Website: botahamec.blogspot.com
My Blog: botahamecdev.tumblr.com
Game Word Studios: www.gamewordstudios.com
Peradev’s Tumblr: gamewordstudios.tumblr.com
Official Forum Thead: forum.greenheartgames.com/t/tv-tycoon-under-development/16436/1

Check update on : http://gamewordstudio.tumblr.com :slight_smile:
or
http://gamewordstudios.com

Yeah. That website looks amazing. But check the spelling. I’m told the name was Game World Studios, or am I wrong?

Either way, no hard feelings.

Check what sorry?

You spelled “Game Word Studios” instead of “Game World Studios”

oh ok, but website alredy buy i can’t rename it… :frowning:

Oh well. I find this name funnier anyways.

I have never heard of you in my entire life…

No way you finish that in 3 weeks.

1 Like

Watch me :smirk:

Well played.

I dare you to show us pictures of the game ( if you work on it )

I’m booting it up right now.

My title screen. The rest of the parts mentioned in the done list are programmed but don’t have graphics. Our artist is working on it.

Uhh… Okay? Not what I expected but I guess it’s a good start?

I admit it needs some work but it’s coming.

Lemme know when it comes! By the way, will it also be avaliable on mac?

I can’t think of a reason why it wouldn’t be.

I would play this game if it has mac support because I use a macbook air. ( My computer doesn’t work )

.jpeg compression sucks…

Is the (normal) photo sharper? No offense but the title screen looks a bit blurry.

That was an effect of enlarging the image to fit the screen. I might just remake the screen.