Non responsive? (Website)

This has been happening that last couple weeks, and I thought it was just fluke that it happen twice, but now it happens everyday. What happens, is that when I open up two tabs on this forum, it shows that neither are responsive, but they are responsive, because I can still use it, and such, and it pops up multiple times.

Chrome version: 33.0.1750.154 m

Thanks for reading,
Killertoad

1 Like

no idea why this would be. anyone else seen this issue?

1 Like

I have never seen reports of it. Are you running Chrome plugins? If it is a common problem can you try running with plugins disabled?

1 Like

Iā€™ve never seen this either. Maybe you could check Chromeā€™s Task Manager [1] to see if they use a lot of system resources.

[1] https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95672?hl=en

2 Likes

It may be either that its an old chrome, or it could be the plugins. But I know for sure itā€™s not using a lot of resources. But itā€™s not like other pagesā€™ ā€œnot respondingā€, you know, where they just stop working? Well on here it works, I can still hover over buttons and browse the website, and then the popup goes away. But thanks for the help! It may just be an error on my part, but I just wanna make sure. :slight_smile:

I also have this issue and have done for about 3 weeks. When it happens i find the only solution is to close all browser tabs etc and restart chrome, and then go back to Greenheart Games forums.
It is only the GHG tabs that crash, the other tabs still work fine.

I have not used any chrome plugins since before xmas.

I used to use a plugin called ā€˜pop up blockerā€™ which i removed a couple of months ago due to it causing D. to freeze and load new content like a :snail:.
I do miss it though so if anyone knows a ā€˜pop up blocker chrome add-onā€™ that is compatible with D. please let me know!

I use Chrome;
Version 33.0.1750.154 m
Google Chrome is up to date.

My Antivirus is AVG default settings, nothing fancy. And a standard Ā£30 Netgear Router. Windows Firewall is on.

And my specs;

System Information

• Machine name: THE_BEAST
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
  • Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
  • System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
  • System Model: EX58-UD3R
  • Processor: IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs),
    ~3.2GHz
  • Memory: 16382MB RAM
  • Available OS Memory: 16382MB RAM
  • Page File: 4919MB used, 27843MB available
  • Windows Dir: C:\Windows
  • DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Display Devices

• Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
  • Chip type: GeForce GTX 770
  • Display Memory: 3770 MB
  • Dedicated Memory: 4027 MB
  • Shared Memory: 3839 MB
  • Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
  • Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.3182 (English)
  • Driver Version: 9.18.13.3182

Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives

Drive: C:

Free Space: 506.8 GB
Total Space: 953.8 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 ATA Device

Drive: D:

Free Space: 184.4 GB
Total Space: 238.5 GB
Model: SAMSUNG SP2504C ATA Device

Drive: E:

Free Space: 814.4 GB
Total Space: 1907.7 GB
Model: WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0 ATA Device

Drive: F:
  Model: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N ATA Device
 Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (English), 11/21/2010 03:23:47, 147456 bytes

Hmm, that makes no sense. And for the popup blocker, Iā€™d recommend ā€œadblock plusā€ and select the pop up blocker, but allow ads. (I believe there is an option for that, but I am not home right now)

What makes no sense? and Yes, ABP was what i was using!
https://adblockplus.org/en/chrome (I recognised the ā€˜road signā€™ style icon)
At some point, before xmas, it was causing massive slowdowns and freezes so i uninstalled it.

Interesting. What does

chrome://extensions/

say? Mine says I have one extension, ā€œGoogle Docsā€.

You are on the latest official release of Chrome so that looks good. Weird that I have literally never seen any other reports of this and most of our team uses Chrome as our default browsers, too!

Well, around 2 weeks ago, the site crashed on chrome several times, everyday. This week not so much. So I figured it was a chrome/D hiccup that got fixed with an update. I usually give annoyances a month to see if they disappear before i do anything about them. If and when it does it again I will post SS like the OP did.

In my experience, the non-response warnings are highly sensitive if you have a slow computer. Theyā€™re based on wall clock time of JS not completing.

Itā€™s working for me on a i7, but I doubt it would on the XP computers at my high school. For reference, hereā€™s my extensions page:

About were it seems like only a few are getting this error. And ah, I havenā€™t had any issues with it, (yet).

I have 5 extensions:

1. Adblock plus [Version 1.7.4]
  2. Awesome Screenshot: Capture & Annotate [Version 3.6.9]
  3. Facebookā„¢ Chat Privacy [Version 0.0.15]
  4. FVD Downloader [Version 5.7.6]
  5. My Chrome Theme [Version 2.0]

But like I said, I havenā€™t had any issues to about 3 weeks - month ago. Same as Charlie.

Did you try the adguardā€™s adblocker safari or popup blocker chrome to remove ads and to get rid of such issues? Btw, I am using it for 3 years now and had no issues like that. You can consider this for your reference. I hope itā€™ll help you a lot. Good luck!

I think this error comes up when browsing becomes slow. I have also witnessed this issue and it appeared when I tried to open multiple tabs on Chrome and the browser became unresponsive. It becomes responsive after few minutes.