Next Game for Greenheart?

Does anyone else think they could take the ideas from Game Dev Tycoon to make a cool Film Production Tycoon game? I think it would be awesome and they both are parallel processes, you’d just need different graphics and change some of the names for development processes like having script writing and stuff, but for the most part, the film and game industry work in a very similar fashion. I’d love a Film Dev Tycoon game.

8 Likes

I think they don’t need to make a Film Dev Tycoon-ish game. There are pretty much of them out here. An example: The Movies, there’s no better detailed Film Dev Tycoon game then The Movies, you can create a movie with much different choiches of scenes, sets and actors. You can design the studio the way you like it. And after you made the movie, you can SEE IT YOURSELF. I think that’s the most interesting part of the game, looking the movies you made ingame, then see all the reviews. Advertise for it with the PR building, be the number 1 studio in the movie industry, have the best actors, make the best movies and be awesome. I really recommend ‘The Movies’ to you, and I think it’s pretty cheap this day, the game is from 2005 and does have a little bit of an Sims-thing in it, with your actors needs and stuff. The graphics are like the graphics from The Sims 2, but a little bit better. I really recommend you buying this game, because this is simply the best Film Dev Tycoon game!

I really hope they make a dlc for game dev tycoon , I would definitely buy it , but as a new game I think they should make game dev tycoon 2 or film dev tycoon , government simulation game

1 Like

I personally want a Youtube Channel Tycoon type of thing

3 Likes

That would be awesome too! I love that idea! :smiley:

3 Likes

Or a Smartphone and Tablet Tycoon.

Me too. :] Now this post must be 20 characters long so I am typing this random sentence. XD

First I want some extensions for GDT or at least a mod support to add them by myself.

Update:
I removed my new game idea about “Mass Control Tycoon”, because I want to make my own tycoon game with node-webkit, open source, non-commercial. I can need any helping hands. More information about the idea and the project is located here: https://github.com/MKelm/mct/wiki

They could make a game where you play God. You control all the events and decisions people make.

Maybe you are interested in the new “Watch Dogs” it is not a real god game, but it has combinations of “Control”, “Events” and “Reactions” in relation to people. You are more a Cracker-God in relation to the (inter)net structure in the whole society. I use “crack” instead of “hack” like in the game, because a hack is used to bypass limitations of hardware/software, not to bypass security protections. The character in the game can crack all electronic devices to change “effects” for people and “reactions” of people.

1 Like

That is a GREAT IDEA! I’d love that!

1 Like

I mean like you try to lead humanity in the right direction. And you decide who wins what election, what team wins what game, societies views on stuff, etc. it would be kind of satire like if Al Gore won the election, Texas would succeed from the U.S. But, what I really want is a game based off the butterfly effect.

I’ve never heard of it. Unless your saying actual movies

‘The Movies’ is a game. Really worth the money. You should check it out :wink:

I am already developing a concept for my “Mass Control Tycoon” game which contains influence on politics (decisions) with donations and though control by using mass control products. The story begins in 1984 until 2984. I like your approach and you are invited to submit your ideas for the concept / story. More updates / information via https://twitter.com/mctgame

1 Like

I’m sure they want to expand their horizons. I’m not expecting another tycoon game from Greenheart for a little bit.

1 Like

What about a Business Tycoon where you can own multiple buildings (such as hotels or diners) and manage them

How about a “Grand Prix Tycoon”, based off of the Android,IOS game “Game Dev Story” by Kairosoft.

Game Dev Tycoon is based off Game Dev Story Kairosoft

I’d love to see them do a technology kinda game where you have to build all the technology from maybe 1900 to now days like building the first car, cellphone, computer, that sorta thing