NEW FORUM USERS: If you didn't get your confirmation email

UPDATE: seems we have this issue again - we will try to adddress it soon

We are having issues in that gmail has suspended our mail account which sends out the confirmation emails. We are working on a solution. If you have not received an email then that’s the cause.

This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is either unpinned by a moderator, or cleared by each user using the Clear Pin button.

UPDATE: it should now work again. You might have to request another email.

Please also check your SPAM folder.

Logged in via Facebook temporarily to add that I still cannot access the Forums via signing up and getting a confirmation code.

-Macbook Pro- Early 2011
-OS- 10.8.3
-Chrome- Version 26.0.1410.65 [latest as of this post]

As a side note: I am also unable to log in via Google.

Same here.

Win 7 SP 1
Chrome 26.0.1410.64 m (latest version according to my browser)

I’m now logged in via Facebook but this wasn’t working earlier. I got a message that my password is not long enough altough there was no field to actually type a password.

EDIT: Just got my mail after around 3-4 hours.

Yeah I haven’t gotten mine yet either. (another fb temp login)

I was still havintg this problem a few hours ago. I finaly manage to login by

• creating an account
    (wait for confirmation email that never came)
  • login with google
    If I tryed to login with google before creating an account I recived the password problem (password too short, but there was no password field)

I moved 3 posts to a new topic: multiple orders?

Hi,
I never received the confirmation emails to activate forum account. I re-try to connect to forum there are few minutes and it works.
Thanks.

I also had problem receiving confirmation emails
I tried to login via yahoo, but it says “password cannot be empty”…

We’ll look into that password problem. I’ll inform Discourse project if this issue is newly introduced.

I’m not sure what limits Gmail places, but in the past, when I’d register domains at godaddy, I’d get a decent daily budget of SMTP sends. Something like 250/day. Maybe your volume is much higher?

Hi, we are already past the smtp limit. That issue is already addressed.

So I’ve been unable to log in for the last three days, and I tried it out again a bit earlier, expecting to get the option to resend the activation, figuring I’d try again.

And it just logs me in…

I still never got my activation email… but I’m logged in. So that’s a bit confusing, but I’m not complaining.

I’m presently logged in with an account created just for the forums (using a hotmail address, for what it’s worth). I couldn’t log in through gmail or twitter.

Figured I’d mention it, in case this meager info helps someone in some way.

Social account creation should be fixed by now.
Thanks

I never got my confirmation to my email and asked to send it 3 times. As I am posing this via FB, it’s been about an hour since I signed up. Sorry to revive such an old topic but I was just wondering if it should take this long to get the confirmation and wasn’t sure where else to post this.

@FlorianBeer could you check on this?