Need help with Functions

Hello,

I’m working on a mod, and I am having some trouble figuring out which functions do what…

If you or anyone has any knowledge about this, then I would deeply appreciate it if you could help me out.

I am mainly looking for all functions related to the topic button–meaning the button that takes you to a screen where you select what topic you would like to develop a game about–and all functions related to weightings.

There isn’t a lot. Modders have had to hijack/‘work around’ this for a while now. As for weightings, there is nothing as you only need it when creatign a topic/platform.

We’ve already hijacked a decent amount of functions. There seems to be one huuuggge function that we’re having trouble with. Which means we’d have to override parts of the function instead, which is possible. But we can’t seem to figure out which values to override…

What “huge function”?

The ones connected to the UI nested var. It’s basically the functions within the UI scope. UI.PickTopicButton is an example of one of the functions we’re using.

Thats not a function, thats a variable/object :wink:

UI is indeed a variable. I’m talking about a function within the UI variable scope.

You just edited that post as I was going to reply. So, I’ll reply to your previous version.

The Topic button doesn’t have any special functions, because its just a button which you click and then stuff happens. You would be editing its ‘onClick’ value if you will change something about it.

Let me have my colleague talk to you. He’s more savvy when it comes to coding. I’ll make a private conversation and we can explain in more detail.