Multi-Topic, PLEASE

Are there any mods that allow you to do multiple topics? And I don’t mean pre-selected combinations, I mean the ability to choose any two topics for one game. If not, I guess I understand why–it sounds super difficult to code.

Is there any chance that anyone, mod-maker or the devs themselves, would ever consider implementing this? For me, it would give the game 200x replay-ability and make it overall more enjoyable. Long story short, I really wish someone with the talents I don’t have will/would make this happen, bc it’s SO CLOSE (w/multi-genre) and yet, so far away

2 Likes

This is something I found oddly lacking, and yet is a good idea, seeing as we have multi-genre and multi-platform, so it was odd to see topic mixing didn’t happen, though with the ability to mod in topics quite easily it be much harder to track what topics be good or bad against each other. but maybe when I finish the SDP API, I’d not mind making a mod with a bunch of ideas, including this, in fact, maybe I should look into adding it as one of the few mechanic changes that come with the SDP API, seeing as you wouldn’t need to use.

But if this is to be a mod thing, like that, it would take a bit to create a decent algorithm for deciding good combo topics

1 Like

I know very little about coding, but I’d love to be able to help with this as best I could. I could maybe help with the algorithm for good combos? Also, the topic-genre match in game: is it a percentage thing? Bc I’ve gotten games with excellent ratings that are typically a terrible match

Thanks for considering it!!

The topic/genre match is dependent on lots of things, the ratio of tech and design points, the platform, the missions (Engine, Level and World Design, Graphic, Sounds, ect.) time spent, and the topic/genre mixes, there are a lot of factors, so bad mixes aren’t guaranteed to be bad games.

And all you can really do in that case is wait, as there isn’t much ability to help with algorithms if you can’t understand the algorithmic language.