Models mod for game dev tycoon

can someone make a mod where a console changes over time and to the models made (for example a tes, the picture would become a tes 2 (nes model 2 in gdt))

If I add platform modification to the API I’m working on, this would likely become trivial to implement, currently the game (unless you like messing with internal image management) prevents anything other then the PC from changing its model icon once loaded.

I would say it’s possible, but It’d be different when compared to replacing most other images.

With many of the images in the game, you can do something like:

var GameResources = GameDev.ResourceManager.resources;

GameResources[ResourceKeys.Level1] = new Image();
GameResources[ResourceKeys.Level1].src = './mods/ModName/images/image.png';

However, there isn’t a resource key for the platform pictures.

I can sort of see a way to do it, which I will explain when I have some more time.

iirc, platform images in game (which I believe is what he means) are generated directly from the platform icon uri, except for the PC, which separates it with image dates, the function responsible for that calls a uri getter function just beforehand, however the PC changing is hardcoded in that function.

I’m aware of this. There is a way to do it, but it would be a little messy. One could remove that div the holds it and then append their own.

Yeah, but that seems to be more of a hassle then just rewriting the getter function tbh.

True, just saw Platforms.getPlatformImage. Even instead of removing, one could just change the img source with .attr